"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Seats in front of Murphy Bed (Read 2040 times) previous topic - next topic

Seats in front of Murphy Bed

I luv the Wonder RV, but can't help wondering how and why they stick with those two things they call seats in the Wonder MB.  I can't imagine anyone seated in them for longer than a couple minutes.  They were an instant deal breaker for me.  I am now considering the front twin model, however I really need the beds being about 3" longer.

Price wise, I am searching the internet trying to find a dealer who will discount one at the reduction most give to other manufacturers products.  I like the new lithium solar system that the Travato and other smallish RVs are coming out with.  A typical Travato discount is 30-40% off retail price.  I just can't see paying too much more than than $100k for a smaller B+ or C RV.

Re: Seats in front of Murphy Bed

Reply #1
Well we have a Wonder Murphy Bed. We love it. The real mattress instead of a jigsaw of cushions for a bed and not having a bed out during the day taking space is also a plus.  The wife added a throw pillow for each chair to add color and they help with the chairs.  Also LTV has an ottoman which we have and use while watching TV or just relaxing. They are not the electric recliners that we have in our theater room at home but useable.

Lithium still has issues in rvs due to not being able to charge in cold weather, etc.  2 good 6 volt agm golf cart batteries works well but the Wonder comes with 2 12 volt batteries.  Mine came with 12 volt flooded and when they went bad I replaced with 6 v. Got about a 60 ah increase. 

Regarding price it just means that LTV doesn’t jack up the sticker price.  You could just think of it as a 170k + RV so the 10% off of current sticker would be 30 to 40 % 😀

And think of the poor sucker who can’t negotiate well paying 30 to 40 % more than those other rvs are worth.

We’re very happy with the Wonder MB.

Re: Seats in front of Murphy Bed

Reply #2
Starts at $115,000, stock Dodge van with added interior components, wet bathroo, class B
Starts at $125,000 added on custom wide body, dry bathroom, class C
Comparison, apples to oranges, do oranges cost more???
The market determines the price, must be a reason for LTV 8 month delivery time!
Good luck.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit