"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Hitch Mounted Carriers (Read 1030 times) previous topic - next topic

Hitch Mounted Carriers

Looking at a Komo creations carrier to house my bikes and stuff. It weighs 180 pounds and the e bikes weigh a total of 135 pounds so with other miscellaneous stuff I am looking at a 400 pond wight back there that will obviously affect the weight distribution of the Unity. Does anyone have any experience with this type of carrier? Thanks

Re: Hitch Mounted Carriers

Reply #1

We are taking possession of our 2022 RL this month. we sent our loaded SpaceGear hitch carrier
GearSpace 34 Cargo Carrier Dark Grey |Hitch Carriers | Let's Go Aero
on to Johnson RV, in Sandy Oregon to meet us when we pick-up our coach. This carrier worked well with our folding electric bikes  @ 28lbs , we purchased after a lot of research on Amazon;

Amazon.com : 20" Folding Electric Bike with Removable Large Capacity...

We bought and used this set-up with our Airstream Interstate on the same MB 3500 sprinter coach ... now to be used in the Unity. We bought it used from a Unity owner.  Should work well for our new coach as well.

Re: Hitch Mounted Carriers

Reply #2
Take a look at Excel Power Bikes . Honestly I would stay clear from anything that cheap. No front shocks, no fat tire, No hydraulic brakes. Cable breaks snap after a couple year and you do not want to or have to stop hard and they break, small rear hub un branded motor, no rear rack and on and on. The frame is also not one I would want to go over a curb with. Honestly it will work bit it is a very cheap bike and you get what you pay for. Junk at that price I am sorry to say. Also a 36v bike stay clear from. You want min 48v. 2xs the power and longevity of the battery. 350 watt motor they have all I can say is wow. I would get foldable fat tire with 750 name brand motor.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube