"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Tire rotation (Read 2012 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire rotation

Hello all, we have just over 11,000 miles on our 2019 Wonder. We're taking to dealer tomorrow to have oil changed and tire rotation. After realizing today that the tires would have to be dismounted and then remounted because of the difference in wheels, I'm wondering if it's worth having them rotated. Thinking any extra mileage we get out of the tires might be absorbed by the cost of having them rotated. We use a TPMS so we keep the air pressure where it needs to be. Tires appear to be wearing properly. Does anybody have any thoughts / experience? Hate to ask a dealer for advice ! Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Robert
Thanks in advance!
Robert

Re: Tire rotation

Reply #1
I have been told,  if they are wearing uniformly no need for rotation.  Rotate to even out the wear.
You could just rotate the alloy wheels, but now the TPMS also need to be moved!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yes you can rotate left to right without unmounting tires. Fronts too. If they are wearing evenly I wouldn’t bother.

Reply #3
As long as the tire wear looks the same I would not bother . What TMPS brand are you using?

Thanks
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #4
Hello all, we have just over 11,000 miles on our 2019 Wonder. We're taking to dealer tomorrow to have oil changed and tire rotation. After realizing today that the tires would have to be dismounted and then remounted because of the difference in wheels, I'm wondering if it's worth having them rotated. Thinking any extra mileage we get out of the tires might be absorbed by the cost of having them rotated. We use a TPMS so we keep the air pressure where it needs to be. Tires appear to be wearing properly. Does anybody have any thoughts / experience? Hate to ask a dealer for advice ! Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Robert

We had our 2013 Unity TB for seven years, never once had tires rotated.  We had the Borg Stem Valves installed.  Never an issue, bought new Michelin Defender Tires after five years, only because of age.  I don't think there would be any cost savings to have them rotated.  My personal opinion.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #5

Thanks in advance
Robert

We had our 2013 Unity TB for seven years, never did rotate tires.  Did do a an alignment once.  I don't think it's necessary.  We sold it & now have a 2021 Wonder LTV Rear Lounge.  First 1000 miles averaging about 15.mpg.  Has ten speed automatic transmission.  Love it.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)