"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Using Propane and Quick Connect (Read 1814 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Propane and Quick Connect

Hi All:

Just would like some input on Propane and using the Quick- Connect on the RV units.
With it becoming harder to find fill stations that fill RV LP tanks installed on the units (because of fill and exchange tanks), are you using portable tanks (7lb, 11lb and 20 lb tanks) to supply your outdoor portable grills and BBQ's

Thanks Ron

Re: Using Propane and Quick Connect

Reply #1
So far no problems getting my RV tank filled. 
Carry couple of 1 lb bottles, if quick connect is inconvenient.
No place to store 5 lb bottles!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
We have had propane tanks in our last motor home and now our Wonder that we had had now for (2) years. We have not run into any issues in getting our tanks filled that are installed on the coaches. Most of all the campsites that we have gone to have filling stations on the campgrounds. I have even pulled into campgrounds that we did not stay at jut to have the tank filled. Most of our camping has been on the East Coast so I cannot answer if there are issues elsewhere.

Happy Travels
Charlie
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #3
Seems that a lot of stations and camp grounds in Western Canada are doing away with fill stations and going toward the propane exchange bottles.

Was just wondering what it's like in the rest of the Canada and the US, nice to hear from different parts of the country.

Thanks Ron

Reply #4
No problems filling RV propane tank in Western US.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit