"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Battery Isolator (Read 1698 times) previous topic - next topic

Battery Isolator

Hi all. Is the battery isolator under the front passenger seat? And if so, how do I access it? I want to install a "Echo" charger/Amp-L-Start charger to keep chassis battery charged while connected to shore power. I have a 2018/2019 Unity MB24.  Thanks!

Re: Battery Isolator

Reply #1
I have a 2010 Unity, and we're replacing the inverter with a proper sine wave inverter. I have the same question. The possible answer is under the driver's seat -- that's where there are a lot of battery cables.
Hint: toggle the battery disconnect button, and listen for the relay to click. An assistant can help to zero in on where the relay is located. I would warn that the chassis battery shouldn't be required to help the coach batteries. What is you run down all your batteries? Being able to start the engine, and then allowing it to help out the coach batteries, will get you out of a serious fix when you're boondocking. When the engine is running, the alternator will charge everything, and I'm installing a manual disconnect because the Mercedes chassis battery isn't the identical chemistry, necessarily, as the coach batteries and you might end up cooking the coach batteries on a long drive if the alternator overdoes it.