"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Battery Charging (Read 1439 times) previous topic - next topic

Battery Charging

I have a 2021 Wonder on order, with lots of questions.  But will just ask one right now.  This will be stored during the winter.  If I plug it in, will both house and chassis batteries charge or do I need a trickle charger for the chassis?  Thanks for any insight on this.  I’ve looked and looked and cannot find a definitive answer.  The rig will be on the new transit van chassis.

Re: Battery Charging

Reply #1
If plugged in , house batteries will charge, need a trickle for chassis batteriy(s) if gas probably one battery.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
If it is like previous models, the chassis battery will not be charging.  Best to add this:
Ultra TRIK-L-START Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer

Also order direct at the link to be sure to get the latest version.

With this added, the chassis battery will be trickle charged by shore power, generator and solar.  Cost is about the same as a trickle charger but you'll never have to remember to connect it.

Reply #3
Thank you so much, Rick and Harry!  Now I know.  And the TrikLStart sounds perfect.  Just need someone to install!

Reply #4
I would think the dealer would be able to install it.  I have no idea where the isolator & solenoid are in the floor plan you ordered but the unit should be located where one can see the lights.  On my 2017 Wonder Murphy Bed, the isolator & solenoid is located in the chair armrest right behind the driver seat.  So I have the Trik-L-Start about 4 inches off the floor right behind the driver's seat.

Reply #5
On ours I just mounted the charger behind the driver seat and direct connection to the battery that is under the seat. Not sure if the 2021 the battery is in the same location..It was not that difficult. Having the dealer do it if your not sure I would think it would not cost a lot.
Congrats on your new rig...
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB