"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Macerator Cracked (Read 1955 times) previous topic - next topic

Macerator Cracked

Has anyone, besides me, experienced a cracked macerator from a rock being thrown up by the rear tires?  If so, any good fixes so it doesn't happen again?

Re: Macerator Cracked

Reply #1
Never heard of cracked macerator, damaged tabs, yes.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
How about a photo showing the issue?  Have to click on "Preview" to get to the options to add a photo.

That said, depending on where and the severity of the crack, you might be able to fix it with some glass cloth and epoxy resin (fiberglass repair kit).  The glass cloth would need to wrapped around the macerator - not just stick on a patch.

Reply #3
Fortunately we were still in warranty so cracked piece was replaced.  I'm really looking for any suggestions on fixes to keep this from happening again.  Vehicle already has mud flaps on rear tires, so must need something more.

Reply #4
Remove the macer before traveling replace it when you get there or just use the 3” hose.
It’s faster, quieter, not messy in my opinion.  All I use now.  New macer still in box!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #5
Has anyone, besides me, experienced a cracked macerator from a rock being thrown up by the rear tires?  If so, any good fixes so it doesn't happen again?

We've had a Macerator in our 2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular, & our 2013 Unity TB & never experienced a problem in all that that time.  We have a 2021 Wonder RL on order with Macerator.  Never used a Slinky-Stinky & don't plan too.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #6
Try putting a piece of mud guard around it to protect it.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB