"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Absorption Fridge (Read 1186 times) previous topic - next topic

Absorption Fridge

I am looking at ordering a Wonder Rear Lounge but have some concerns about the fridge.  I really wanted to have a compressor fridge but from talking to Dean it seems that it is not really in their thoughts for at least the next year.  How does the fridge in the new LTV units compare to other absorption models?  Have heard all kinds of nightmares about absorption fridges when it comes to leveling problems and really hot weather.

Re: Absorption Fridge

Reply #1
My 2019 Wonder Dometic fridge is still working ok, 18 months old, but a lot of people are having issues with Dometic.
At the first sign, some people are removing them and replacing with compressor type.
These refers use around 50-75 amp per day, stock flooded batteries have about 100 amps.  If you will be on shore power all the time, then it’s not a problem.  But to boondock you will need a method of charging them daily.
Write ups at FB Leisure travel Vans enthusiasts, also at Sprinter forum.com.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Re: Absorption Fridge

Reply #2
As Harry knows, I replaced the OEM Dometic RMD10 with a Novakool RFU6406D ACDC model. This was planned from the start and I only used the RMD10 one time and was not impressed. Some day, I hope LTV realizes it's a better option as more people order lithium battery systems. The Novakool RFU6406D fits in the same space with only minimal changes in the way it mounts in the space (no change on the outside cabinet is required, but it is 2" shorter and 1/2" narrower so some shimming and raising the fridge is required). Here's a link to a pdf file on the install: http://www.gmillerpc.com/up/wonder/Removal%20of%20Dometic%20RMD10%20Series.pdf
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)