"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Warranty and Service (Read 1572 times) previous topic - next topic

Warranty and Service

Does anyone have experience with Leasure Travel customer service? I have read that several people have experienced difficulty getting the factory to authorize repairs. Apparently, since they are an assembler it is up to the dealer to negotiate with the parts manufacture for any warranty work or repair authorization. They are reported to be very friendly but lacking the ability to replace defective parts. Not really the way I would like to have service done if that is their normal method of doing business.

Re: Warranty and Service

Reply #1
The few things I have needed replaced under warranty, I just email LTV and they send me the parts.  I install.
I understand that they will authorize any repair service, including mobil if you provide them with a written estimate.  Not required to use a authorized LTV dealer.
Might be different for mayor appliances.
My understanding is that Ltv very easy to deal with.
Lot of info on FB Leisure Travel Vans Enthusiasts.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Does anyone have experience with Leasure Travel customer service? I have read that several people have experienced difficulty getting the factory to authorize repairs. Apparently, since they are an assembler it is up to the dealer to negotiate with the parts manufacture for any warranty work or repair authorization. They are reported to be very friendly but lacking the ability to replace defective parts. Not really the way I would like to have service done if that is their normal method of doing business.

We owned our Unity TB for seven years, never had a problem with Triple E when we had a problem.  Very responsive, & I would rate them as excellent in caring for there customers.  There is a reason, there Motorhomes are in demand & always backed up.  We are on our second LTV, just sold our Unity TB, & waiting for our Wonder RL due in early October.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #3
We have a Wonder on order. Is there a printed warranty somewhere on their site? I had a Grand Design fifth wheel and when something broke I could take it to my local RV repair person and they would get reimbursed quickly. Does this happen with LTV?

Gerry M

Reply #4
One problem with taking it back to your dealer for warranty work that often they are extremely busy & May take you months to get it fixed.
But with prior approval LTV will allow you to take it to any repair facility, even Mobil mechanics.  They will send you or him the parts, you pay for labor & Ltv will reimburse you.
Fortunately have not needed this service, just few parts that they sent me & I installed.
18 month old 2019 Wonder FTB.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit