"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wiring of RML 8555 Dometic Rerigerator (Read 1347 times) previous topic - next topic

Wiring of RML 8555 Dometic Rerigerator

Hi Serenity owners,

I had to replace the thermistor in my Dometic RML 8555 refrigerator. In order to do that, I had to pull out the refrigerator, and the two DC wires got disconnected.

I would appreciate if anyone who owns this model of refrigerator would take a photo of the back of their refrigerator, removing the two plastic panels that cover the connectors so that I can see how the DC wires are connected.

I have attached two photos of my situation.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Manny and Roz de Lizarriturri

Re: Wiring of RML 8555 Dometic Rerigerator

Reply #1
Manny…..there is a $30 thermistor replacement kit for that model Dometic and you don’t have to take the fridge out! I just did it….myself (female RV’r). You snip the tip of old thermistor off and hook up new thermistor……no need to replace entire wiring or pull fridge out!
🤓

Re: Wiring of RML 8555 Dometic Rerigerator

Reply #3
Thank you so much, Zonie11. I did purchase the thermistor kit from Amazon, but it came with a different connector than my old thermistor. So I had to snip both thermistors’ wires to connect the new thermistor to the top front panel. The job became so cumbersome that I decided to stop and replace the Dometic fridge.

A new Norcold RV fridge would have cost about $1,800. A Magic Chef home fridge that fits in my RV cost $229 at Home Depot. I bought the two year full replacement policy for $35. I will run it with a 750 Watt inverter.  I spent $80 for the inverter and $240 for gym floor tiles to place underneath and on the sides for a snug fit.

I’m not too worried about this solution, as my RV is equipped with solar panels to recharge my house batteries. For less than $600, my wife is much happier with the new fridge; although it’s smaller than the Dometic, it has better space utilization. Here is photo of this new fridge.