"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Fuel Economy (Read 8411 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Economy

I own a 2018 Wonder FTB.  Transit diesel engine.  I enjoy the 17.5 MPG that I routinely see.  I do not go RVing to save money but I'm cognizant of what I spend on fuel.

Those of you who have the new Wonders:  Can you post what you are typically seeing for mileage?  I am a Ford guy and have owned the the F150 with same powerplant (different trani) and know that it struggled to get more than 10  MPG.  I am hopeful that the 10 speed trani and other improvements will increase the gasser Transit performance but would like some actual data.

TIA!

Klipstr
Rio Verde AZ and Show Low AZ
Thanks,

Klipstr
Rio Verde and Show Low AZ
Living the Dream!

Re: Fuel Economy

Reply #1
I have @ 2200 miles on a 2021 rtb..  average on the dash computer is 14.1...  includes some all night generator runs otw back from Vegas (temps 110 +)

Reply #2
Hi

17.5 to 17.9 MPH

2019 wonder FTB
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #3
I have @ 2200 miles on a 2021 rtb..  average on the dash computer is 14.1...  includes some all night generator runs otw back from Vegas (temps 110 +)

That's great mileage!  We pick up our 2021 Wonder LTV RL next week Friday.  Hopefully we'll be able to do the 14 plus mpg.
We sold our 2013 Unity TB as we liked the RL floor plan.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #4
That's great mileage!  We pick up our 2021 Wonder LTV RL next week Friday.  Hopefully we'll be able to do the 14 plus mpg.
We sold our 2013 Unity TB as we liked the RL floor plan.
DM,  for those of us waiting many months for our Wonders on order, how about posting your early experience and learnings so far?

Reply #5
I own a 2018 Wonder FTB.  Transit diesel engine.  I enjoy the 17.5 MPG that I routinely see.  I do not go RVing to save money but I'm cognizant of what I spend on fuel.

Those of you who have the new Wonders:  Can you post what you are typically seeing for mileage?  I am a Ford guy and have owned the the F150 with same powerplant (different trani) and know that it struggled to get more than 10  MPG.  I am hopeful that the 10 speed trani and other improvements will increase the gasser Transit performance but would like some actual data.

TIA!

Klipstr

Yes, we have the 2021 LTV Wonder RL, & just recently returned from a trip to Texas - Even though we had a lot of wind, we still averaged 14.4 MPG which I was very happy with.  That is the same average we had on our 2013 Unity TB when we sold it, 

Reply #6
Yes, we have the 2021 LTV Wonder RL, & just recently returned from a trip to Texas - Even though we had a lot of wind, we still averaged 14.4 MPG which I was very happy with.  That is the same average we had on our 2013 Unity TB when we sold it, 

Also, I love the 10 Speed Automatisc Tranasmission, & believe that has a lot to do with the better MPG average.  Very smooth shifting.

Reply #7

How did it handle in the wind?

Reply #8
In my opinion I was pleased with the handling in the wind.  Performed better than our 2013 Unity TB in my opinion.

Reply #9
It was the best handling coach besides our 40 foot Empress
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB

Reply #10
2020 Wonder RTB
9,000 miles:  mpg from last few fill ups:  18.5 mpg, 16.5, 13.3, 20.6, 17.2, 16.5, 18.1.  The total average for these recent fill ups is 18.9 mpg for 2,132 miles along northern California and southern Oregon.

Reply #11
2020 Wonder RTB
9,000 miles:  mpg from last few fill ups:  18.5 mpg, 16.5, 13.3, 20.6, 17.2, 16.5, 18.1.  The total average for these recent fill ups is 18.9 mpg for 2,132 miles along northern California and southern Oregon.

?????    Are you sure 18.9 is correct?  Out of those 7 fill ups, only 1 exceeds the 18.9 so how is the average that high? 

Reply #12
Towing a Honda Fit for the last 10,000 miles I have averaged 15.5 mpg..
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #14
Honda Fit is 2600lbs, stick shift.  Automatics are also towable 4 down, up to 2014.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #15
?????    Are you sure 18.9 is correct?  Out of those 7 fill ups, only 1 exceeds the 18.9 so how is the average that high? 
Rick, you’re correct. For the 1,796 miles I was logging, Wonder consumed 101.06 gallons or 17.8 mpg. The best interval mpg was 18.5 mpg from Bozeman to Davis CA. Apologize for the bad info.

Reply #16
Rick, you’re correct. For the 1,796 miles I was logging, Wonder consumed 101.06 gallons or 17.8 mpg. The best interval mpg was 18.5 mpg from Bozeman to Davis CA. Apologize for the bad info.

I am sure you are correct...but which engine? With those numbers, suspect that it was the diesel as I think both gas and diesel were offered on the 2020 Transit with a major change in 2021 replacing both engines.

Reply #17

TIA!

Klipstr

We have the 2021 Wonder LTV RL & returning from Florida to IL middle March, we averaged 15 MPG.  At times we were getting over 16 MPG.  We are very pleased with the Ford Transit 3.5L ten speed transmission.  We sold our 2013 Unity TB & averaged 14.4 MPG when we sold it.

Reply #18
We have a 2018 FTB with 56,000 kms which equals close to 35,000 miles. The fuel economy readout on Trip 2 has not been reset since new and reads 12.5L/100kms which translates to 187.7 MP/USG.

I am pretty easy on it and usually travel at 100 km/h (62 mph). Really strong winds are have the biggest affect on milage, either dropping down bellow 16 or up over 21. Mountain travel has little affect on overall mileage. Speed does, if I have to slow to 50 or 55 it improves noticeably, and if I run 70 for any length time it drops off.

I am ecstatic with the results.

Reply #19
2100 miles on my RTB Wonder and averaging 18 thru the mountains of PA.

Reply #21

TIA!

Klipstr

We have the 202 Ford Wonder RL, we've been averaging from 15.0 MPG to 15.5 MPG .  Very happy with the mileage.  Better than the 2013 Unity TB we had previous.  And not the emissions problems we experienced with the Unity Mercedes.