"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wonder Seat Belts (Read 1801 times) previous topic - next topic

Wonder Seat Belts

Narrowing down choice and I really like Ford's upgrade to the Transit where it now virtually matched the GVWR of Mercedes on about the same wheelbase. Would take the gas 3.5L twin Turbo service anywhere vs the Mercedes diesel limited service dealers and expensive. Nothing against diesel as VW bought mine back for more than I paid for it, but I did enjoy the Passat.

What really has me scratching my head is all Wonders list 2 seatbelts (driver and passenger) while two near identical Unitys - Rear Twin and Rear Lounge list 4 seatbelts. The two single jump seats behind the driver/passenger have seatbelts on the Unity but not on the Wonder. Any idea why?

Looking at the rear twins, but intrigued by the design of the rear lounge and noticed another discrepancy. The Wonder specs 16 cu/ft external storage (OUCH!) where the Unity specs 30 cu/ft. This has to be a misprint as even my compact SUV (Mini Countryman) has 19 cu/ft behind the rear seat!

Re: Wonder Seat Belts

Reply #1
The WonderRTB storage may refer to inside storage. It has more storage area in the garage. It is a two passenger RV. While the Unity may have four seatbelts, if you care about the people who may sit in them, I wouldn't recommend it. It's not safe in a crash. Likely with a broken back at the very least. The walls are fiberglass. If you have ever seen an RV in a crash, you don't want to be sitting back there when it happens. The cab protects the driver and passenger the same as in any vehicle.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)