"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: De-Winterizing Trouble (Read 1628 times) previous topic - next topic

De-Winterizing Trouble

Hi all,
Just purchased my 2020 Wonder RTB from someone who winterized it.  I'm trying to de-winterize it following the instructions in the manual.  I get to the point of connecting and turning on the city water, but all I get is a ton of anti-freeze/water coming out from the underbelly of the RV.  Any help I can get will bring tears to my eyes.  I'm at my wits end.

Re: De-Winterizing Trouble

Reply #1
Hi

Is the fresh water tank drain valve open? There should be a valve in the wet bay that switches the water source from city/hose source to tank fill also. Make sure that is in the correct position..
It's just a little bit of a learning curve but you will get thru it .....

Enjoy the camper!!

Charlie

Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #2
In the wet bay, just above the shower handles is a valve handle. To direct for tank or city use.  If you get down on your hands and knees and look up you will see it.
The fresh water tank drain valve roughly in the same area but under the coach and about 3’ from the outside edge of the Rv.  I think it is white plastic with a blue handle.  Cautio!  If you turn it on from the side of the Rv while on the ground, you might get a shower in your face!  To divert the water, I pushed on a 45d elbow, I think it’s 1” ABS.  friction holds, don’t mess with glue.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #3
In the wet bay, just above the shower handles is a valve handle. To direct for tank or city use.  If you get down on your hands and knees and look up you will see it.
The fresh water tank drain valve roughly in the same area but under the coach and about 3’ from the outside edge of the Rv.  I think it is white plastic with a blue handle.  Cautio!  If you turn it on from the side of the Rv while on the ground, you might get a shower in your face!  To divert the water, I pushed on a 45d elbow, I think it’s 1” ABS.  friction holds, don’t mess with glue.

There is the water tank drain in the driver's side rear closet- under the bed. Look down and you will see a small piece of wood with a hole in it- it will pull off (Velcro) and there will be the shut off valve.

3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB