"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Unity RL, New Buyer Questions (Read 3154 times) previous topic - next topic

Unity RL, New Buyer Questions

Hi everyone,

New member here. My wife and I are currently researching various B and C RVs, and the Unity RL is at the top of our list. These are selling like hot cakes so I have not been able to see one at a dealership (Except for a Wonder RL), just lots of time on the web including watching Deans videos which are very good.

A couple questions:

The recliners in the back are important due to our cranky lower backs. The video show the footrest lift up, but does the upper portion of the seat actually move back as well in order to obtain more of a horizontal position?

We will periodically have our adult kids wit us, including sleeping. Does the door close completely between the rear lounge area and galley? Does it extend to the ceiling?

How comfortable is the second bed in the forward area? Are folks using the pillows, or air mattress in that area?

Re: Unity RL, New Buyer Questions

Reply #1
Are your adult kids going to be riding in the RV also?  I think that there are only 2 seats with seat belts (front driver & passenger seats).  LTV's are generally a 2 person RV. 

Reply #2
Are your adult kids going to be riding in the RV also?  I think that there are only 2 seats with seat belts (front driver & passenger seats).  LTV's are generally a 2 person RV. 

No, they would join us on occasion upon arrival.

Reply #3
OK, I just didn't want you to go down a rabbit hole looking at these when they won't sit 4 safely while traveling.  I don't know about the reclining seats. 

Reply #4
Seems pretty quiet here. Anyone out there with an RL want to chime in regarding my original questions? I realize these are basic questions, just looking for general impressions because there are literally no Unity’s at the dealerships that I have contacted in my area.

Reply #5
Seems pretty quiet here. Anyone out there with an RL want to chime in regarding my original questions? I realize these are basic questions, just looking for general impressions because there are literally no Unity’s at the dealerships that I have contacted in my area.
We're in the same boat. Just settled on the URL25 a couple weeks ago and found out there's none to be had. Would like to crawl on one before committing for a build slot. We're RV newbies but long time boaters so familiar with some of the equipment and issues.
Actually the Rear Lounge Unity only got on our radar once we saw the 2021 changes - especially the new galley layout. Bigger drawers and countertop extension. Once the wife saw that, she ruled out our previous favorite - the Unity Twin Bed.

I see the 2021 Wonders (RL & TB) also have that new galley, but I have big concerns with the overhead air handler in the rear and no ducts. The Ford gas vs Merc diesel issue is a coin flip. I probably could live with either. But since the Wonder RL can't be equipped with auto levelers, that rules out the WRL regardless.

So looking for a Florida dealer who has any of the new LTV lineups to examine and hopefully drive. Till then, the search is on hold.

BTW, if you're looking at a 2021 RL, the two jump-seats also have seatbelts. Dean makes the point many times in the videos. Legal for 4 passengers.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #6
We bought our TB sight unseen. It is almost impossible to find anything to look at. We ordered the RL and then later switched it to the TB after seeing all the complaints on Facebook about how it literally has NO storage and a lot who bought it wished they had not. Hence we opted for the TB Unity. Many also have issue with pulling down and putting up the bed everything. Can't just go take a short nap without pulling the bed down. Both are great options and I just wanted to share our experience with you. Either way LTV is the best bang for the buck by far.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #7
Ron, I just got off the phone with a local dealer in our area who has an RL arriving in about 2 weeks. I don't like going out during C19, but I plan on making a quick visit while masked up, etc.  One of my biggest question marks is how comfortable the recliners are. I have a bad lower back due to old sports injuries, so having a comfortable recliner is a key aspect we like about this layout. I will keep you posted if I get to see one.

ToddW, good to hear you got your rig. Thanks for the heads up on storage, I didn't realize that, but then again I have never been on one so there are a lot of things I don't know. Regarding the bed in the RL; in Deans video he appears to pull the bed down in the aft area fairly easily along with set up. Can you elaborate more on what issues people are having with the bed?

Reply #8
Ron, I just got off the phone with a local dealer...
What location? I might like to take a peek too. :)
The recliners in the back are important due to our cranky lower backs. The video show the footrest lift up, but does the upper portion of the seat actually move back as well in order to obtain more of a horizontal position?
I don't think those are recliners in the back. The backs are just removable cushions held against the wall with velcro.  In the 2021 RL video, he just rips the cushions off before lowering the Murphy bed. So it's just a bench with upright back. Only the footrest seems raise/lower.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #9
From the Facebook post we read several issues people had with the RL and several who recently purchased said that storage was about half of the other models. The rear seats or backrest do not recline. That was our first choice the RL however the posts regarding lack of storage made us switch to the Unity TB.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #10
Any updates on The Unity RL.  That is our pick but we wont do anything until we can get in one.  Is there anyone in the Tampa Bay Area that would be willing to provide a tour?  We have been vaccinated.  Thank You in advance if you are willing.  Please PM me
Kim Heinicka
Everyday is a good one; some are better than others