"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Advice on purchasing 2001 Dodge 350 LTV Widebody (Read 984 times) previous topic - next topic

Advice on purchasing 2001 Dodge 350 LTV Widebody

Thanks LTV friends.  Not sure how to search this site or where to post this so I'll start here with apologies.  I'm very new here and considering purchasing a LTV 2001 wide body, 76,000 miles on a Dodge 350 chassis, apparently well maintained.  It's appearance is pristine, for what that is worth. The seller is patient, agreeable, and has a large collection of service records, and those I value.    What encouragement or cautions does anyone have to offer regarding that model or year? The internet (not always a trusted source) is full of warnings regarding steering / handling problems for that chassis and unit.  How prevalent are these? Other advice much appreciated.  Thanks for the welcome and the good ideas.  Stay safe everyone.  2021 will be a better year. 

Re: Advide on purchasing 2001 Dodge 350 LTV Widebody

Reply #1
Sounds like a very nice older LTV. considering it is eligible for collector plates in 5 years I am not so sure you can be to picky. If a vehicle is going to have issues you will find it on the internet. If you don't find any then I would assume the chassis and drive train are good to go. Anything 20 years old you would think would have happened by now. Don't forget to put the collector plates on in 5 years.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube