"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Mecedes service costs (Read 3841 times) previous topic - next topic

Mecedes service costs

I am about to purchase a 2013 U24TB and in talking with a friend whom has previously owned a RV with the Sprinter chassis he indicated that he sold his RV as in his words he will not pay Mercedes 1k to get the oil changed. He said you can't take it some where else as they need to be able to connect to the computer to do whatever and only Mercedes can do that.

Thank you in advance if you can shed some light on this potential concern I have.
Wishes

Re: Mecedes service costs

Reply #1
I don't know if that is fully correct and sounds high to me, from what I have heard although the price differs between dealers. We have a 2019 Leisure Wonder that is built on a Ford Transit. I had the same service concerns on the Mercedes although many people like them.. and most of the time you only hear the bad stories. We just couldn't justify the upcharge for the Mercedes.
Good luck with your decision

Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #2
Thank you
Wishes

Reply #3
When I had a Sprinter B I would change the oil myself.
There is a way to reset the computer after oil change, check it out on Sprinter Forum.com
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #4
I had a 2008 Sprinter B, sold by Dodge, Mercedes would not do warranty  work on it,  said it was A Dodge.
Three years later Dodge wasn’t interested anymore, too slow sales.
And yes, non warranty work at MB was a very expensive.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #5
Have a friend in GA with a 2017 Thor Sprinter.  He takes his to a MB dealer and told me (and showed invoice) that a simple oil change was @$250.  We own a MB car and the $1,000 is correct for a car, but they do more than just the oil change on the "yearly service."

Reply #6
Stick with the Mercedes dealership as long as the warranty is valid. Then go to your trusted local truck mechanics. Suggestion:  Semi-synthetic crankcase oil is much cheaper, and if you do 2 oil changes a year (early summer and then just before you put the rig into storage) you're going to be fine. Note:  the 2009 Sprinter needs 11 litres of oil (that's almost 3 gallons US).

Reply #7
I am picking up the new gas model Wonder this Thursday.  As part of my research, I called the local Ford Dealer Service Dept and asked what I should budget for the first oil change.  They said that it would be around $70.00 including rotating the tires (not sure they know that there are 6).  They told me to expect the first oil change to be around 5,000 miles.  Hopefully, this is real. 

Reply #8
Wow, it's $200+ for the diesel.  It takes 13 quarts of full synthetic.