"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: RV Service Companies for NovaKool frig install (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

RV Service Companies for NovaKool frig install

I’m new to the forum and know that some Unity owners have swapped out their Dometic frig with a NovaKool compressor frig.  We just purchased a 2016 Unity TB after owning an Airstream Interstate and are spoiled after having a compressor frig in the Interstate.  I have no mechanical or electrical skills (or interest for that matter) so would like to find a service company to make this change out for me.  We live in MN so any recommendations or past experience would be appreciated

Re: RV Service Companies for NovaKool frig install

Reply #1
There is a Sprinter forum with a Unity subforum where you will find owners that have done the swap.  (you can google)
We do all our travels in cool climates so we use 4 gel packs we freeze first at home then switch between freezer and fridge on the road. It works but we can not eat ice cream as that is usually something that does not work well with absorption fridges.  We also use the propane mode a lot as we dry camp and still using FLA batteries.