"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: LTV Delivery Delays (Read 9153 times) previous topic - next topic

LTV Delivery Delays

We ordered our Wonder RTB in January 2021.  We checked with LTV today.  They told me due to Ford chassis computer chip delays, we are looking at 16-18 months from time of order to delivery. 

Re: LTV Delivery Delays

Reply #1
We ordered our RTB in January also. Our Dealer quoted 12 - 18 months. But I have since inquired directly to LTV and was quoted the same.
Don in PA

Reply #2
We ordered in Sept 2020. We've had to contact our dealer and the factory several times for updates. That latest estimates are the same, 16 to 18 months. I understand there are unusual times, but I have to say I'm disappointed that LTV isn't giving customers who have placed orders regular updates on status. Given the cost of one of these units that would seem to me to be a reasonable request.  I'm going to request regular updates and encourage other customers to do the same.

Reply #3
Last email I got:  I was told to check to check back in early August. 2021. I ordered Unity IB mid September 2020.  I don’t think regular updates will be that useful. They won’t be accurate this far out. If the build time was 14 months in September, then that puts delivery in November.  A 4 month delay at that point puts it into March which will be fine.

Reply #4
There have been two major fires in Japan.

The first is at AKM, located in Nobeoka. This company makes audio processing chips and Bluetooth / WiFi / Cell phone transmission chips. I read that these are used by Ford and other auto companies.  The audio chips are used to process voice recognition for the SYNC system. This fire was last October.

The second company is Kenesas Electronics in Naka Japan. This company makes microprocessor chips. And microprocessors are used all over modern autos. This fire was last month (March).

And I would assume that Covid also created its share of problems. Mike and Jen have reported that there has been a shortage of RV appliances (refrigerators, fans, etc).

Don in PA

Reply #5
We ordered the Unity TB in August 2020. Our salesman said we were “getting close” and it was time to finalize finishes. We ordered site unseen so we made a special trip two weeks ago to the dealership to meet our salesperson and view a Unity that was on the lot waiting to be delivered. The experience was frustrating to say the least. Now, our guy couldn’t pin down any production date and when he tried to get information from fellow salespeople, the manager, and general manager they basically said that he was uninformed and the timing for the start of production could be as late as October, November or December.

Can you let me know who you contacted at the factory and if you got any more accurate information as to lead times.

We are suspicious that this dealer is picking and choosing who goes into production, and when, arbitrarily and not in any fair or logical way. We previously got a copy of the order list that we were on and there were several Unity Models before and after our order. The production sheet our salesman showed us recently showed us and two other Unity orders sandwiched between several Wonder orders. 

If it is up to the dealer as to which order gets on the production line first it seems the system would be rife with “under the table” payments to slip into the front of the line.   

Reply #6
You can send a general email to:

info@tripleerv.com

The person that receives your email will forward it to the appropriate person.

Don
Don in PA

Reply #7
Thanks for the email contact😊

Reply #8
We ordered our Wonder RTB on May 25, 2021. We can only sing Carole King's 'Anticipation.' We are hoping electronic component deliveries begin to ramp up as the virus threat continues to diminish. In the meantime, it's hurry up and wait :)

Reply #9
The dealer has no say when the units go into production and cannot pick and choose which one's in production. If you're getting a Mercedes chassie I heard they are out till October or at least the end of the year. It stinks that you won't be able to use it this summer but it'll be well worth your wait. When we picked up our Unity last month we placed an order for another one that is 2 years out. We live our Unity TB.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #10
When we place our order and the dealership then places our order with LTV does LTV have our names for our LTV?

Reply #11
Yes the should have all the info

Reply #12
Today is 08/17/2023. These are all such old posts. Has anyone on this page received their Wonder yet? We ordered our Wonder RTB Dec 2021 with 24 month wait. Were told at the Denver RV show in March 2023 (by the LTV guy) that it won't be until 2024 or beyond. We know it will be worth the wait but want to understand how production has been up to now. Thanks!