"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: An. Alternative to LTV Facebook page (Read 3772 times) previous topic - next topic

An. Alternative to LTV Facebook page

Hi.  I see that this seems to be a new forum and hoping it becomes active. I am new to LTV, my wife and I having just upsized from a 2002 Rialta to a 2008 LTV Libero Corner bed.  I was quite active on the Rialta-Tech forum and really miss that with the LTV.  I find the Facebook page is too disorganized with dozens of posts per day and most members participating with travelogue/social topics rather than technical mods. And a vast majority have the latest Unity so less likely to want to do any mods.

The first few maintenance and mod items I've done:

Genset  9 years old and only 12 hours.  Had to do Seafoam cleaning method to get it running.  Still surging a bit but it will run our Nespresso machine!
Trojan 6V batteries were dead and had run dry.  Rewatered and hoping they'll recover.
Modified under bed storage by cutting hatch through centre wall to allow access from right side outside storage compartment.  Now our wide antigravity chairs fit in!  I put hinges on the cutout piece to make it flex space.
Installed one switchable light fixture in rear trunk.  Will be doing the others too. 
Had to buy new remote for Heki 4 rooflight. It works!

Regards
Gary
08 Libero
Delta,BC
Gary
08 Libero CB
Delta, BC

Re: An. Alternative to LTV Facebook page

Reply #1
Hi Gary,

Yes, this looks to be a newer forum, and one dedicated to LTV, which is awesome!  I hope more people find it.  There seems to be a good start in the Media section on some manuals/reference materials.  I'm also frustrated with the Facebook format - it's hard to find what you're looking for in a search, and there are social and technical topics all mixed up.  It's a great way to connect socially with other LTV owners, but since FB is more about social networking, it isn't intended for information sharing or saving.

We own a 2017 Unity, but I'd love to see some posts on the improvements you've made to your Libero!

Michelle
2017 Unity CB

Reply #2
Hi Michelle. Great to get some activity on this site. Let's see if we can boot it up as a good tech site, whether Unities, Serenities, Liberos or  Class B's.  My wife and I would dearly love a later model Unity or Serenity/Libero but we are just happy to be in any of the premier LTV units.  Even our 08 is heads and tails above some 2017 models of other brands we looked at. 

Is your Unity CB a couch model or bed model?  We like the Unity CB, and TB (never seen an IB). but we're not as taken by the MB since we like having a living area uncompromised by a bed.  It's a tomato vs tomahto thing.  Others just love their Murphy beds. 

By the way I'm a bit of a mechanic/handyman and have been Rving since I was 10. (50 years). So if any how to's/mod questions that come up on later models I'd love to add my two cents.  Some things are common across all RVs. (E.g 6V vs 12v house batteries)

Gary
Gary
08 Libero CB
Delta, BC

Reply #3
Gary,

Ours is a CB.  We downsized from a 40 ft. DP (owned it for 13 years), and the CB offered us the separate sleeping and lounging spaces we wanted without blocking the exterior doorway at night (we travel with 2 dogs, and trying to leash them up and get them around the foot of the Murphy bed in the MB and FX at night wouldn't have been the best for us.  Our second choice probably would have been the TB, but once we watched the video of the 2017 CB with the U-lounge and front TV, we knew we'd found "the one".

Michelle
2017 Unity CB