"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Eez Tire Monitoring Sensor Installation (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

Eez Tire Monitoring Sensor Installation

Hey fellow LTVers...well, I put the EezTire system on our LTV.  First issue was the inside rear tires would leak air if jostled slightly....so off with the extenders.  Next issue was my fat hand could not put the sensors on the inside tire  valve stem...so innovation kicked in.  I used a 21mm socket and extension that fit the E618 sensors perfectly enough to screw the units on snug.  But I wanted to at least tighten them an 1/8 of a turn to ensure they would not come loose...my .fat hand still could not reach in to tighten....innovation kicked in again...I bolted the sensor tightening wrench provided on a arm so that I could reach the sensor with the wrench between the tires....all worked at nicely and there is no more air leaking!!!!

I mounted the monitor on the centerline, as depicted in the photo.  I had to shave off part of the mount to get it to rest flush on the vertical surface....

Re: Eez Tire Monitoring Sensor Installation

Reply #1
Very wise to have removed the extenders.

External TPMS sensors are too heavy for the extenders.  The cross section of metal left where they screw onto the valve stems is too thin, and many people have had them crack and fail at that interface, causing complete loss of air in the tire.

Best to have Borg one-piece all-metal stems installed if you are using a TPMS.
2017 Unity CB