"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Dometic fridge error (Read 8376 times) previous topic - next topic

Dometic fridge error

Hey everyone
I have a 2020/2020 LTV RTB, nice unit
My Dometic fridge, the one with the doors that open both ways, has a recurring error code.

Red background with the word AUTO and 2 icons, the flame and a triangle with 50 below it.
Seems to happen when i disconnect from shore power, or stop the engine on a drive.
I can manually put it in propane more or battery mode and it seems to work fine.

Please help
Orly
Learning again today

Re: Dometic fridge error

Reply #1
Red background with the word AUTO and 2 icons, the flame and a triangle with 50 below it.
In the users manual, E50 means "Gas lock after 3 ignition attempts". I get that when in Auto mode with no shore power  and I have the LP switched off on the outside panel. Also, there are several other causes listed which again are related to inability to ignite - maybe some air in the gas line.  It doesn't clear itself, you have to reset the error by pressing the fridge power button for 2-3 seconds. IIRC, it will beep.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #2
Thanks Ron
Is there a method for clearing air in the line?
I have a stove and external grill both working fine

Orly
Learning again today

Reply #3
I think the purging takes care of itself eventually, but the fridge might give-up first after 3 tries. If you can get it running in LP mode manually, then it is purged. But you have to clear the error. It is mostly a safety feature. In Auto mode, if the burner doesn't ignite after 3 tries, it could be a hazard and so it requires manual intervention.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #4
Thanks again Ron, right on the money with your responses.
Working fin now
LETS BOONDOCK!!
Learning again today