"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: 2020 Wonder RTB Key FOB stopped unlocking entry door (Read 6355 times) previous topic - next topic

2020 Wonder RTB Key FOB stopped unlocking entry door

Anyone having problem with key fob not unlocking entry door come up with a fix?

I’ve cleaned the contacts at the bottom of the door with an eraser and also used fine sandpaper

I’ve lubricanted the latches and nothing works.

Any other suggestions?

Re: 2020 Wonder RTB Key FOB stopped unlocking entry door

Reply #1
I would call LTV Monday.

Reply #2
Been in touch with them, little or no help from them, they said warranty was finished, and to try a multimeter and see if a current comes through when button in pushed.

There have been many owners over the years that have complained about this and LTV has yet to address this problem.

Even Mike and Jennifer from RV Lifestyle had this happen and had no fix so they had enough, they ended up replacing the door lock with a numerical lock.

Seems to be a useless upgrade to LTVs advantage.

Reply #3
I am trying to relate to your problem. I have a 2021 RL, and no issues re locking to date. When you press the remote once, does it unlock the driver/passenger door only?[ as it should]Then on the 2nd press of remote, nothing happens? Have you tried unlocking cab doors, opening entry door from the inside, then close them and lock the motorhome. Then try the opening again with the remote, but press it the 2 times to open all the doors. I am just trying to reset the system for you....

Reply #4
Thanks Diane:

Just tried your suggestion, nope that did not fix the problem.

Just think this was a very bad upgrade.

Thinking I'll replace it with this option:
Bauer EM Bluetooth | Bauer Products

Thanks

Reply #5
did you check the battery

Reply #6
Witch battery? And where, Took handle off don’t see any

New battery in the FOB

Even sent email to Darrell at LTV asking if I would be able to get a schematic of the FOB install, been over 2 wks and NO response

Many, many articles on this topic check this on Installing The Keyless RVLock On A Motorhome (Super Easy Upgrade) | RV Lifestyle

Reply #7
I wouldn’t fight it, just replace it.
Ours is 2 1/2 years old, most of the time ok, once in while it locks itself!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #8
That happens with us and I just clean the contacts on the door and that fixes it.
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #9
I had a lot of trouble with that also (2020 FTB). Figured out that the door lock has such close tolerance that I had to make sure the door was fully latched. If not the fob would not operate and seemed to get confused and stopped operating but at some point it would start to operate again. I learned to give the door an extra push or pull even when it seemed closed, would hear a little click that indicated it was fully latched. Have not had an issue with it since, works perfectly every time.

Reply #10
Mike and Jen Wendland had the same issue. They finally removed the existing lock mechanism and installed a lock from RVLOCK.COM which comes with its own key fob.
Don in PA

Reply #11
I also found that the unit must be level or close to it. Frame twists a little. Now the problem is better - with usage.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB

Reply #12
Anyone having problem with key fob not unlocking entry door come up with a fix?

I’ve cleaned the contacts at the bottom of the door with an eraser and also used fine sandpaper

I’ve lubricanted the latches and nothing works.

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried any locksmith to deal with that issue?