"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wonder vs Unity (Read 2935 times) previous topic - next topic

Wonder vs Unity

We are looking at purchasing a used Leisure Travel Van and are trying to decide between the Wonder vs the Unity twin bed model. What should I be looking for and are there any major issues, considerations or other advise anyone could offer to help make our decision?

Re: Wonder vs Unity

Reply #1
We are looking at purchasing a used Leisure Travel Van and are trying to decide between the Wonder vs the Unity twin bed model. What should I be looking for and are there any major issues, considerations or other advise anyone could offer to help make our decision?

Well, besides being a "Ford vs Chevy" question, there are definite differences from 2021 on.  Gas Wonder and Diesel Unity.  Ford service and MB service.  Also, if you plan on towing, be sure to read the limitations on each model.  The Wonder Rear Twin Bed (WRTB) has a greatly diminished towing ability.  LTV has many videos and owners manuals online, so you can download them and find the specifications that you care about.  As for me, the ONLY model I considered (and bought) was a 2021 Wonder RL (Rear Lounge) with a gas engine that can tow 4000 lbs.  Ford's new gas engine has PLENTY of both horsepower (305 or 310, depending on where you read) and 400 ft lbs of torque.  Also very important, it has a 10 speed transmission.  The more gears, the easier it is to make use of that torque.  The transmission also has a "Tow/Haul" mode that greatly assists you in controlling your downhill speed, towing or not.  Those are a few comments for you.
Brad
2021 Wonder RL

Re: Wonder vs Unity

Reply #2
Thank you for your in depth reply.