"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Cellular Booster Installation (Read 1689 times) previous topic - next topic

Cellular Booster Installation

I'm looking at how to install a Drive Reach RV cellular booster on our recently purchased 2018 Wonder FTB. We spend a lot time traveling in rural areas and have been told that this is a tremendous way to increase our reception. I'd appreciate any suggestions on two aspects of this possible installation.

(1) Where to mount the exterior antenna? The kit comes with a ladder mount option, however, the prior owner of our van did not have a ladder installed and I've been told that it's not possible to retrofit a ladder. Is this correct?

(2) That leaves the roof area as an installation point. Any suggestions on the best way to mount the antenna to the roof?

(3) Since a coax cable needs to run between the exterior antenna and the interior, I'm wondering where the best place would be on the roof to make that hole?

There are undoubtedly other things I should consider, so that's why I'm reaching out to the forum. Thanks for the help.

Re: Cellular Booster Installation

Reply #1
It is possible to retrofit a rear ladder.  Ask LTV to give you the mounting locations.  You want to buy it from LTV.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Re: Cellular Booster Installation

Reply #2
"We spend a lot time traveling in rural areas and have been told that this is a tremendous way to increase our reception"
that is only true if there is a signal there in the first place.  We travel to a lot of places where there is no reception at all especially in the Rockies and other high mountain chain out west were it does not help. 
this is a good web site to read to get info Best RV Cell Signal Booster for 2021 - Weboost Drive Reach RV - RV With Tito  and search along the same lines as there is something better but those discussions were for people that were full time RVers earning $s from having a signal in the middle of nowhere.