"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Any Wonder RTB owner's here? (Read 5874 times) previous topic - next topic

Any Wonder RTB owner's here?

Topic says it all. I've got a new 2019 Wonder RTB on order and have a few questions.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)

Re: Any Wonder RTB owner's here?

Reply #1
FTB.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
FTB, here
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #3
Just Purchased RTB from Johnson RV in Portland two weeks ago.

Reply #4
Purchased 2020 Wonder RTB May 8, 2019, now just awaiting its arrival.

Found out the other day the energy upgrade does not come with 2-12v AGM batteries as stated, they made a mistake on their order forms it should have said 2-6v AGM batteries, hope nothing else changes

Reply #5
You will love it the Ford Transit handles well..... we are hitting 16-17 MPG. Best of luck!!
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #6
2 6v batteries should give you more amp hrs than 2 12v ones if they choose correctly. 

We have the Wonder Murphy bed and really like it.  Getting 17.2 mpg right now.  We stay the speed limit and no higher than 65 (for 70 and above areas).  No need to hurry along any longer. 

Reply #7
I have the FTB with two flooded 12 volt batteries with 100 amph each.  Flooded 6 volt can be from 100 to 120 amph each.
So far the 2 12 volt have done ok, max 4 days Boondocking, 400 watts of solar.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #8
Harry
My 6 volt AGM are 220 ah each.  So in series I get 12v 220 ah vs your 2 12v in parallel giving 200 ah.  Not a big difference but my 2017 had 2 12v 88ah flooded batteries so I gained 40+ ah changing to 6v. 

Reply #9
Just Purchased RTB from Johnson RV in Portland two weeks ago.

Any insights? Build issues? My RTB is scheduled for a September build date, and maybe October sometime delivery. Is yours a 2019, or 2020?
Gerald Miller

Reply #10
Purchased 2020 Wonder RTB May 8, 2019, now just awaiting its arrival.

Found out the other day the energy upgrade does not come with 2-12v AGM batteries as stated, they made a mistake on their order forms it should have said 2-6v AGM batteries, hope nothing else changes
I did not order the energy upgrade, nor did I order solar or the genset. The cost of those three items is $8450. For not much more, I can have 600 amps lithium, a Victron 3000 watt inverter/charger, and 400 watts of solar using rigid as opposed to flexpanels. I may, or may not, do the upgrade myself (I did a solar upgrade using the same components last year on my previous Class B).  Even with AMSolar doing the install, it's still not that much more for a genset free RV. I may add a second dedicated alternator, but right now I'm considering a DC-DC charging (Victron Buck-Boost) that can be tuned to lithiums, and that would limit the current draw from the alternator. You have to consider a lot of variables-it's not simple. But once you design the system, putting it together is not that complicated.
Gerald Miller

Reply #11
That is a healthy solar system, you must do lot of Boondocking.  Stay out forever?  But still have to deal with the tanks!
Are you planning to run the A/C from batteries also?
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #12
That is a healthy solar system, you must do lot of Boondocking.  Stay out forever?  But still have to deal with the tanks!
Are you planning to run the A/C from batteries also?
Yes, I want the abililty to run the AC if we need to, but doubt we will very often.  The only time we use the AC is if we stop for a break to fix lunch and it's hot outside. The 600 amp will give us several hours of AC use. On the occasion we do an exended boondocking trip, I may just get a small 2200watt Honda portable generator to recharge the batteries in an emergency if we do need the AC but still run them off the batteries. On the other hand, if we don't need it, the 600 amps is more than enough to keep us going even if it is cloudy all week.
Gerald Miller

Reply #13

Hi all, I am considering a Wonder RTB with all upgrades and looking for advice based on your experience of having one. Thanks.

Reply #14
Hi Karen,

I replied privately before I saw this, so I won't repeat my response again here other than say my WonderRTB met our expectations in every way possible.

For advice, about that only thing I can add is I didn't order the Flex panels or LTV energy upgrade. Rather, I saved the cost of that and applied it toward an energy upgrade using rigid flex panels, a 3000 watt inverter, and 600 amps of lithium batteries. Knowing I was going to do this after I picked it up and not wanting to ever deal with an Onan generator ever again after having two RV's that had them before, I did not order a generator.

My only other advice is to buy one while they are giving much bigger discounts. One FB poster said he got about 18% off. That's much more than the usual case, which was more in line with 10,000-12,500 off MSRP out the door.
Gerald Miller

Reply #15
Gerald, get out,do something!
Gotcha again.........ridged flex panels,  flex on frames???  Now that’s different!!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #16
Just ordered on May 27th, 2020 a new Wonder Rear Lounge on the Ford Transit Chassis - Gas.
Really loved the Floor Plan - Currently own a 2013 Unity Twin Bed purchased new in 2013 which we will be selling in the next few months. 
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #17
Just ordered on May 27th, 2020 a new Wonder Rear Lounge on the Ford Transit Chassis - Gas.
Really loved the Floor Plan - Currently own a 2013 Unity Twin Bed purchased new in 2013 which we will be selling in the next few months. 

Any chance you found out what the estimated MPG on this new Ford gas platform will be?

Reply #18
Any chance you found out what the estimated MPG on this new Ford gas platform will be?

One of Dean's videos testing the Wonder RL Gas Transit, 200 to 300 miles, he indicated approximately 14 to 14.5 MPG.  Not bad really.  We're anxiously awaiting delivery, for now scheduled sometime late September or early October unless it gets pushed back due to the epidemic & other supply issues maybe.

Reply #19
One of Dean's videos testing the Wonder RL Gas Transit, 200 to 300 miles, he indicated approximately 14 to 14.5 MPG.  Not bad really.  We're anxiously awaiting delivery, for now scheduled sometime late September or early October unless it gets pushed back due to the epidemic & other supply issues maybe.

Correction to above on average MPG - I watched Dean's Q & A again, & he said MPG Average was something like 12.5 MPG, but the was ln a 200 - 300 mile run & he thought it probably would improve somewhat.  We average around 15 to 17MPG on our Unity TB Mercedes Diesel.

Reply #20
We got our RTB on July 9th and have been "tweaking" things since. Rides great, lots of power, relatively quiet (loved my 40 footer RDP). Only have 2 problems - the side door may or may not power lock - unlock. Cant match the tv remote to the sound bar - just needs an extra remote on the small table. Otherwise we are still sorting "stuff" from our 40 footer to get it into this unit.
I recommend the 400 watt solar setup. Works great. We dry camped for 4 days with the tv on and the furnace left on for a full night - battery's were ok and I didn't need to run the generator. 
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB