"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: 2013 Unity IB Exterior Storage Compartment Condensation (Read 1604 times) previous topic - next topic

2013 Unity IB Exterior Storage Compartment Condensation

I have a 2013 Unity IB that sat covered and unused for 22 months.  Upon uncovering I found water (condensation?) inside two, empty exterior storage compartments located on each side of the camper main door.  One compartment is below the refrigerator and the other compartment is below the furnace.  Neither appliance has operated for 22 months. All the other storage compartments are dry. Has anyone experienced this on their Unity and would you know where or why the water would gather inside these closed compartments?

Re: 2013 Unity IB Exterior Storage Compartment Condensation

Reply #1
Who knows, most covers are not waterproof.
I would dry them out, then run water hose over their areas to see if it happens again.  If not you are good to go!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Check the rubber hinge/seal at the top of the compartment door.  Ours was cracked and dried, and allowed water to seep into the compartment.  Awaiting a reply in the forum for a fix/replacement.

Reply #3
Hello.  Sorry to hear about your water issue!! We’re you able to find a solution yet?  I have recently noticed water Getting inside my second drivers side storage compartment.  It happens when i drive in the rain.  It is dirty water..road water.    The seal looks good to the naked eye but i do notice that the door to that compartment doesn’t seem to close as tightly as the other compartment doors. I’m wondering if the seal is stiff and old and needs to be replaced in order for the compartment door to close tighter.  I have a Unity island bed 2019/2018 chassis.
Please let us know if you found a solution for yours.
Thanks so much