"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Changing Unity Storage Lock (CAM) (Read 2036 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing Unity Storage Lock (CAM)

Has anyone changed the outside storage locks?  For security purposes I'm looking to replace the CAMS (the keyed component).  The Unity has a storage compartment in which the CAM can be removed and replaced easily.  However the other storage compartments have a housing that contains the CAM and latch.  Having trouble seeing how the CAM is connected to the housing.  Before I take it all apart looking for insight/hints that will allow me to put it back together again.

Re: Changing Unity Storage Lock (CAM)

Reply #1
I'm not sure how they come apart. 
But, I only lock my large storage compartment which just has the cam.  The other compartments I leave unlocked.  This has been discussed in other forums and the consensus is to leave unlocked as if someone wanted to steal something and decided to break in, they would do $$$ damage.  Probably more than the price of what is inside the compartment. 

Reply #2
Every Rv uses a CH751 key for storage compartments.  Anybody RVer that wants something can open just about any storage compartment.  By the way the door locks generally use a common key also.
I view the lock as a prevention of the storage door coming open by accident.

Reply #3
I would prefer replacing the whole lock instead of making a new key as it can improve the security of your device. To do that job, you can contact a locksmith.