"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wonder RTB Layout/Floorplan (Read 2738 times) previous topic - next topic

Wonder RTB Layout/Floorplan

If you have a Wonder RTB I would like to get your feedback regarding the layout and floorplan.  Does your head hit the air unit in the back of the coach when you step up and down?  Does the bathroom door hit the step when you open it wide enough to walk in?
We are currently debating a purchase, but my spouse feels these issues are deal-breakers.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Wonder RTB Layout/Floorplan

Reply #1
You can bang your head if you don't duck. My wife cursed it but after 2 weekends ducked automatically. The bathroom door works ok.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB

Reply #2
Ditto on the last comment, only problem we have is that the 2 seats in the galley are very uncomfortable

Reply #3
The two seats in the FTB are very comfortable!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #4
I don't find the two seats uncomfortable. I added a folding ottoman to put my feet up. It slips under the curbside seat when no in use. As for the air, yes, you can hit your head on it, but only once or twice. You will remember it the next time. And no, the step does not interfere with the door.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)

Reply #5
gmilleok1, Are you able to share the brand of ottoman you use or a photo of it?  Thanks
Kyle
2021 Wonder RTB

Reply #6
How is the a/c air circulation when the vents are only in the above mentioned air handler? I'm curious if it is much worse or noisier than the Unity's ducted system. This is the primary concern and the reason I prefer the Unity RTB. But since there's none to crawl on, I'm just guessing.
 I'm hoping for feedback from those who have lived with this W24RTB floorplan for a while - especially in hot weather.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #8
How is the a/c air circulation when the vents are only in the above mentioned air handler? I'm curious if it is much worse or noisier than the Unity's ducted system. This is the primary concern and the reason I prefer the Unity RTB. But since there's none to crawl on, I'm just guessing.
 I'm hoping for feedback from those who have lived with this W24RTB floorplan for a while - especially in hot weather.

Both the ducted and non-ducted are equally loud-it's the nature of the beast. Look at it this way, you don't have to worry about external noises bothering you. Think tornado overhead.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)

Reply #9
Both the ducted and non-ducted are equally loud-it's the nature of the beast. Look at it this way, you don't have to worry about external noises bothering you. Think tornado overhead.
Ugh! I hated the heat pump compressor sounds in my boat (of course it was right in the salon under the seating). It always woke me when the compressor kicked-in.
So is the sound mostly from the heat pump compressor on the roof, or the air blowing from the vents? I guess the fan is fixed at one (high) speed?
I was hoping that the thick insulated roof would muffle the compressor noise.
Thanks for the info.
Ron
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #10
You want lot of air moving, there is not much insulation in the Wonders.  3” ceiling, 2” walls, single pain glass, step well single sheet of metal, storage compartment doors above floor level have about 1” of insulation.
Just lot of wind noise, if on auto it turns on & off so you get short periods of quiet, if fan on it is constant noise but I can nap right thru it.  Easy to get used to it.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #11
You want lot of air moving, there is not much insulation in the Wonders.  3” ceiling, 2” walls, single pain glass, step well single sheet of metal, storage compartment doors above floor level have about 1” of insulation.
Just lot of wind noise, if on auto it turns on & off so you get short periods of quiet, if fan on it is constant noise but I can nap right thru it.  Easy to get used to it.
I can live with the wind (fan) noise - sorta like white noise that covers other distracting sounds. I'm concerned about the low frequency compressor vibrations that could come through the roof/ceiling. It would be like sleeping inside a subwoofer :(

I was thinking the roof was more like 5" of foam in the center between the fiber glass and whatever the ceiling is made from. I went back to view the factory tour video and Dean mentioned that it was 5" on a Unity ceiling. Maybe the Wonder is less.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #12
For ceiling thickness look at the ceiling fan depth in a Unity & Wonder.  Big difference!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #13
For ceiling thickness look at the ceiling fan depth in a Unity & Wonder.  Gig difference!
Thanks for the tip. I totally missed that in the videos. Also the skylights are recessed differently. I'm guessing the roof (at center) are about 2" thicker on the Unity.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #14
Ask LTV, they don’t publish their roof thickness or construction methods.  It would interesting to know.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit