"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: RTB garage (Read 2105 times) previous topic - next topic

RTB garage

Hi all
Looking at a 2021 Wonder twin bed and our biggest concern is hauling our e bikes with the fat 4" tires...does anyone carry 2 ebikes back there and how do they fit?
Thank you in advanced (newby here)
jp

Re: RTB garage

Reply #1
I own a WonderRTB. I can't say for certain, but they should fit although you may have to take off the front tire. However, with that being said, not knowing the exact width, length, and height of the bikes, it's not really possible to guarantee that they will fit without actually trying it. The won't just slide in without making some adjustments to the bike such are removing the front wheel and maybe re-positioning the seat, etc.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)

Reply #2

We purchased two Ride Scoozy VeeGo fat tire e-bikes for our RTB.  After taking many measurements from a 2020 RTB at a dealership, our plan is to remove the bike-slide-out to make more room (height) in the garage.  The with the bikes folder carefully we can get their width below 20" (20" is the width of the compartment in the middle area).  FYI - the Rad brand fat wheel folding bike is 1"+ widder when folded and would not fit in the middle of the garage, so we went with the Ride Scoozy, and love them.  We will slide the first folded bike into the middle of the garage.  I will build a storage shelf above it so we can utilize that bit of extra height above the bike.  The second bike will go in folded with the front facing straight up (rotated 90 degrees backwards - think popping a wheelie).  It will fit just inside the garage door, and at a 90 degree angle to the first bike that was slid in.  I will be using some combination of back storage clamps to hold them in place (they flip out of the way when not in use):

Amazon.com : DNC Bike Repair Stand Foldable Bicycle Wall Mount Rack Workstand...

Bikes:
VeeGo Fat Tire Folding Electric Bicycle

We take delivery of our 2021 Wonder RTB in 8+ weeks, so we'll see how my bike storage planning all works out soon.

Kyle
2021 Wonder RTB

Reply #3
Attached are a couple of pictures I got from the Facebook site, they may help.

Reply #4
Thank you all

Reply #5
I own a WonderRTB. I can't say for certain, but they should fit although you may have to take off the front tire. However, with that being said, not knowing the exact width, length, and height of the bikes, it's not really possible to guarantee that they will fit without actually trying it. The won't just slide in without making some adjustments to the bike such are removing the front wheel and maybe re-positioning the seat, etc.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #6
This is off topic,, however we own a 2021 Wonder LTV RL & the Rear View Camera does not show the guide lines when backing up.  Does your Wonder show the Guide Lines?  We have been to two Ford Dealers & they connected to the OBD with there computers, & tell us the guide lines are not available for our 2020 Ford Transit 3.5L Twln Turbo. 
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #7
I guess that means now you or the wife is now the new guide line? Not really much you can do other than maybe on a clear piece if film draw your own guide lines and put it on the screen when  you need a distance reference. Good luck.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube