"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Parking Locations? (Read 1137 times) previous topic - next topic

Parking Locations?

Alright, so considering a Unity TB unit.

The purpose of this RV will be to travel the country as a photographer and setup my post-production facilities in the RV while traveling mostly back roads.  Considering a unit with the LP generator, 400 watt solar panels and the LiOn batteries.  A couple of questions.

How easy to travel through a small town?
How easy to park in a small town?  On the street?  In a parking lot?
How long can you go without having to refill/recharge?

Hoping this will work for me as the other options are too small for living in during this time.

Thx

Re: Parking Locations?

Reply #1
We don't have our TB yet but the whole reason we purchased one was the ability to take it into town and park. It drives more like a large van than a big class A which sucks taking into town and I hate it. We are down sizing for this reason and can't wait. Good luck.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Re: Parking Locations?

Reply #2
Actually small towns are much easier then the cities - I avoid the larger cities and do mostly secondary roads including lots of gravel roads.    I can get around anywhere as it is similar to some of the pickup trucks. 
I might need to walk a bit further to get parking but have not found anywhere where I could not park.  We even park on the street quite often. 
For the gravel roads you will get all kind of rattles; some are easy to fix others are just going to be there.  I bought a roll of bubble wrap to store things.
A prime 400mm f2.8 fits nicely behind the chassis seats handy to get to when you run into places like this one  2020 Grasslands Road Trip all pics | Flickr
this is a good blog as there are a few items that shows what they do for parking and getting around without a toad. 
No, We Don't Tow - Here's Why - Leisure Travel Vans