"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Rear-View Camera (Read 2681 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear-View Camera

I realize that there is a backup camera which is engaged while in reverse.

I would like to add a rear-view display which would be placed alongside or replace the rear-view mirror and would provide a constant rear-view display while driving.  This would ideally tap into the feed of the existing camera, but if needed, could also be a second camera placed on the back.

Wondering if anyone has done this and what they recommend.  My dealer would install prior to delivery so long as I find one and provide it to them.  Any and all suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Rear-View Camera

Reply #1
Check this Video out from RV Lifestyle's Mike and Wendy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18QKMNJ9msI

some neat accessories but the rear camera starts about 8:30 into it.
Everyday is a good one; some are better than others

Reply #2
in my 2015 chassis for the 2016 Unity MB I have a setting to see the rear view camera while driving.
I would be a good question to ask TripleE if the camera they install still does that with the newer MB display. 
There is a myLTV website that is a good idea for contacting the manufacturer  MyLTV - Log In - Leisure Travel Vans

Reply #3
I have a 2020 Murpy bed and I installed a rather inexpensive wireless camera and powered it from the backup light wire. I had to run a wire up the ladder to the camera.  I mounted the camera using a bracket that came with the camera using one of the existing screws from original camera.  If you are interested I will send you a picture when I get a chance.

One word of advice.  My camera is a 150 degree camera which lets me see my toad but it is difficult to see the cars behind the toad. a 120 degree camera would be far better.

Reply #4
We have a 2018 Unity TB.  I have been wondering why my gages, speedometer and tachometer, have no lighting.  I guess I will figure it out.  While poking around, I started fooling with the navigation display.  To my embarrassment, I noticed a small icon in the lower right corner.  By tapping on that icon, the display went into a split mode.  Half of the display is the road map and half is the backup camera, even when the transmission is in drive.  So, it's not the greatest.  The display is small, but it is better than nothing.

Tim

Reply #5
Honestly, this is the most frustrating thing I have to gripe about my LTV. My Chevy cube van has the rear view camera right where most vehicles have a rear-view mirror. It's always on, and you can always see behind you. But the LTV has a completely useless rear-view mirror installed so you can see your kitchen.  But the camera can't be accessed when driving. Stupidest idea ever, and contrary to the warning it's very unsafe when you tow boats, bike trailers, etc.

Reply #6
Mercedes has reasons for not doing it jist like TPMS and why they don't have them. Install a view sonic and take off the mirror and your in business.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube