"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wonder A/C noise reduction? (Read 2161 times) previous topic - next topic

Wonder A/C noise reduction?

The A/C unit on my 2020 Wonder is very very loud any suggestions on replacement or possible repairs

Re: Wonder A/C noise reduction?

Reply #1
man ...no one replies to people on here.  I finally caved and got a FB account so I could join LTV groups there.  I hate FB but at least I'm now getting some info and feedback and help

Reply #2
Jack, that is the nature of Rv A/Cs.  Some class As with ducted are quiet, but not LTV, I understand.
Don’t like it, don’t travel where you need it.  You have a choice!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Check out Advance RV in Ohio they sell a unit that is substantially quite

Reply #4
The A/C unit on my 2020 Wonder is very very loud any suggestions on replacement or possible repairs

You can help a bit by removing the baffle and adding some  insulation. There is also a hand guard inside that can be removed that increases the noise level a bit. But in the end, Dometic AC's are just darn loud as they move a lot of air in a small space. And yes, Advance RV does sell a grey market Australian branded unit that is quieter. It is also available from other sources in the US to install yourself. ProAir makes a 12vdc unit that also may be quieter and much more efficient. As for response here, you'll get one, it just may take a bit longer than instantaneous because unlike FB (ugh) people don't spend as much time here as they do there as FB is clearly addictive.
Gerald Miller
WonderRTB 2020 (delivered Nov 2019)

Reply #5
Who sells the Australian RV AC unit that Advance is selling I would like to DIY the replacement unit. Thank you in advance