"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Unity mb vs fx (Read 2930 times) previous topic - next topic

Unity mb vs fx

We are torn! We love the MB for just us but we wonder about FX to take grandchildren. Any owners please reply!!!

Re: Unity mb vs fx

Reply #1
Hi Edjodi
There probably aren’t enough participants in this site to get some good feedback.  You might want to go to the LTV Facebook page.  If you want my opinion (as an owner of an older corner bed model), I’d forego the bigger bathroom in the FX for the option of a second bed and seating area.  Even without the grands, this allows one person to go to bed and one to stay up.  The Murphy bed, once folded down on an MB leaves only one seat in the coach section, the commode!  (Though of course there are the two cockpit seats).  Also if you ever want an option to leave a bed made up, only the models with a rear bed make this possible.  This is a very personal decision though!    The fixed bed vs fold up bed topic arouses a lot of discussion on various sites and it simply depends on personal priorities and compromises. Any time you have a 25foot tiny home, you can’t have it all!
Gary
08 Libero CB
Delta, BC

Reply #2
Thanks for the feedback.i posted on some other forums as well. Not on facebook but will look into that. Thanks Bertible

Reply #3
Well, having had four previous RV's with everything from two full queen beds to one queen, two loungers and dinette/bed, plus one corner bed with convertible out front, I have chosen a new Unity corner bed based upon the following:  The "U Dinette" can be an additional small bed.  The cab seats may work in a pinch as a place to nap.  But, one of the primary issues was the side window configuration, with the U24CB having what I consider the best window set up for light and viewing while parked.  And, one can use the corner bed while others are out in the living area watching television or whatever. 

Downside of a corner bed... hell to change sheets.... but, I will install a wide strap, fixed near the bathroom side about midway down, on the platform upon which the mattress sits.  This will go under the mattress, long enough to go all the way to the curb side and back to the middle.  By pulling the strap up, the mattress will be raised enough to get the bottom sheet on and let the mattress down, with a lot less effort than required if one is on the mattress and trying to get a sheet tucked in. 

Fresh water capacity, 30 gallons is another plus. The MB and FX have but 24 gallons.
Msmoto aka Ms. Tommie Lauer
2019 Unity Corner Bed due in early September