"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Unity Rear Lounge Bathroom Mirror Mod (Read 3046 times) previous topic - next topic

Unity Rear Lounge Bathroom Mirror Mod

I have recently placed an order for a 2022 Unity Rear Lounge.  In looking at the hinged mirror in the bathroom, it seems like one could order some extra laminate from LTV through the parts dept (yes they sell it) and make a 3 inch deep medicine cabinet the same size as the mirror.  Then relocate the mirror to the front of the new medicine cabinet.  You end up with additional easy storage without losing the original function.  I believe it could work for the FX, FTB, RTB and CB as well.  Any one care to offer any thoughts?  I will also be looking at a narrow cabinet over the TV in the rear lounge area.  Thanks for your inputs.
Everyday is a good one; some are better than others

Re: Unity Rear Lounge Bathroom Mirror Mod

Reply #1
Kim,
I'm also in wait mode for the URL model and came to the same conclusion about adding some type of additional storage above the rear TV and double windows.  I hadn't thought about your clever mirror/medicine cabinet idea but will put it on the list.  I build cabinets and furniture, so my eventual question for LTV was if I could purchase matching veneer.  Thanks for confirming that you can.  From what I have seen on the various photos and videos, I do think that the areas above the television and rear exit window could use some attention.  A simple recessed shelf that also covers the shades above the exit window, as well as a series of shelves or one larger magazine rack-styled shelf to store pillows above the TV might work.  But all this is playing Monday morning quarterback until we actually take delivery and spend some time in it to see if these ideas make sense...except your medicine cabinet idea which I think is a no-brainer.

The designers at LTV did a fantastic job keeping the lines clean, which is one of the reasons we fell in love with the model enough to buy one sight unseen! ...or "as seen with Dean" as my wife puts it.  It generally comes down to a form vs. function balance - it is usually the form that catches your attention as a buyer, but it will be likely be the function that keeps your attention as an owner, especially when you run out of places to put things!  But these are all good things to ponder until we actually get to sit in the owner's seat.

Reply #2
Pat , Congratulations on your Unity RL decision.!  It was not easy to make.  e your idea about over the emergency windows but worry if it might get in the way of the middle of the night walk around to the bathroom.  Wally Nuefeld from LTV says it can be ordered through dealer from the parts dept.  The dealer also should have a sample book of the laminates, counter-tops and ultra-leather is you think you need to see them.  My salesman is checking for sizes.  It is made especially for LTV.  WilsonArt shows a Natural Rift and Cashmere on their samples.  We were fortunate to get inside of one and were impressed.  Bigger than we thought, but worry about storage as it has the least amount of all of the models.  We are downsizing from a Winnebago Vista 29VE, so it will be an adjustment, but we think we are good with it.  Some good information on these forums.  Thanks for your inputs.  best of Luck to you.  When is delivery for you?

Reply #3
Congratulations!!! Ours just went into production on Tuesday. We had about a 9 month wait time. How long of a wait time are you being told now? I had once heard it was up to 18 months now?? Seems long but if so it will be worth the wait. 
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #4
I'm about 3 months into a 15(?) month wait.  I'm not sure if I'm getting more patient with age or just lost my mind!

Reply #5
We were told 15-18 months.  So when you leaders finish the medicine cabinet upgrades and over the TV cabinet upgrade, be sure to post so we can all take a look at them.  Enjoy your purchases!

Reply #6
I ordered in September and was told 14 months.

Reply #7
If anyone s still interested in a Natural Rift Laminate match, I found an almost perfect match in WilsonArt HD laminate that matches the Natural rift from LTV.  I might be easier than ordering from LTV.
I had my salesman send me samples from LTV.  I took the natural Rift sample to the cabinet supply house and matched it up to
WilsonArt, HD Laminate, Ruskin Oak, 17001K-57, Aligned texture. See samples below.  I was quoted $111.00 for a 4 x 8 sheet.

If any Unity RL owner would measure the bathroom mirror outside dimensions and provide a picture of the hinged side I would appreciate it. Thank You.