"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Vizio Sound bar (Read 2727 times) previous topic - next topic

Vizio Sound bar

Because I don't have a teenager around to help I need outside help on how to make the Vizio sound bar in my 2020 Murphy bed work.
It works fine with the Sony Blue Disk player but I would like to use it with the Visio TV.  We quite often play movies thru the TV that we have downloaded onto the laptop.  We connect a HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV and off we go.  It would be nice to use the soundbar  to enhance the sound but I can't figure out how to do it.  It would also be nice to use it with regular TV.

Anyone have any suggestions. 

I have swapped the HDMI cables between HDMI 1 (Arc) and HDMI 2 but no luck. The TV will discover the Blue Disk player but not the sound bar.

Thanks for any help

Hogan

Re: Vizio Sound bar

Reply #1
I have the Bose sound bar - it came with an Audio cable -  Sony DVD is plugged in via HDMI 1 to the TV 
On the TV i had to change from TV speakers to External speakers to get it going through the sound bar..

Re: Vizio Sound bar

Reply #2
Just messed with the sound bar again.  Pet peeve of mine when something doesnt work I will beat it death till I figure out a solution.

Phono cable from tv to sound bar wasnt plugged all the way into the sound bar.  Had to use pliers and a lot of force to get it all the way in.  Fix it or break it so you can get a new one is my moto. Must be a bad plug on the sound bar to be so hard to plug in.

Hogan