"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: A/C shutting off and on. (Read 1792 times) previous topic - next topic

A/C shutting off and on.

The A/C worked okay for about 6 hours and  now power goes off and on, I finally shut it off. It’s 92 degrees in here. So what do I do besides go home in the morning.
The campground is packed and it is really hot here in Potosi,Wisconsin. Could it have something to do with too many A/C’s running?

Bonnie

Re: A/C shutting off and on.

Reply #1
I would honestly ask one of your neighbors if they have any suggestions. You should be able to find someone very knowledgeable. A lot quicker then waiting for replies here.

Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #2
Todd, I did that. I disconnected the surge protector at the electric box, turned off all power switches and waited a bit for the unit to cool down. She is working okay now. The neighbor said to check the filter in case it is dirty. I will do that when we get home on Friday.  Thank you for your reply.

Reply #3
Very possible the campground electrical is overloaded.  I hope you are checking the incoming voltage for system low., which can damage lot of devices.  You don’t want to see it below 108 volts.
Leave your surge connected to protect you., it does not use any power.  What voltage is your surge reading?
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit