"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Modifications  (Read 1965 times) previous topic - next topic

Modifications

A couple of solutions to issues we came up with. Galley counter space always at a premium so we added this shelf and find it most useful. Also struggled with operation of the water fill valve as it’s in a rather awkward spot to access. Made a handle from a piece of 1 1/4” schedule 40 PVC pipe and cut notches on the end to fit the tank fill handle.

Re: Modifications

Reply #1
In my 2019 WonderFtb, you can’t even see that fill valve, unless you get on your hands & knees and look up!  Only about 2” of space between valve & outside wall. 
I drilled in a short screw at each end of the handle, now have more to grab of hold.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Hi, the shelf is a great idea. Did you find it premade? or something you fabricated?

Thanks
Charlie
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #3
Hi, the shelf is a great idea. Did you find it premade? or something you fabricated?

Thanks
Charlie
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #4
I had it made. Found a local Corinne fabrication shop who had matching stock to match what was in the van. They fabricated from my specifications. Found the folding brackets at a wood working supply shop.

Reply #5
It would be helpful if people listed the year and model of the unit they are talking about.