"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Looking for a tow dolly to tow a Nissan Leaf behind our 2016 Unity FX (Read 1686 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a tow dolly to tow a Nissan Leaf behind our 2016 Unity FX

Our internet searches have produced a Master Tow 77T (and 80T) and a Demco Kar Kaddy that look hefty enough to tow the 3800 lb Leaf with two down.  Previously, I rented a Uhaul tow dolly, which worked fine.  The Unity FX does really well towing, even across the Colorado mountains on I-70 and along SH-160.  Any tow dolly ideas?

Re: Looking for a tow dolly to tow a Nissan Leaf behind our 2016 Unity FX

Reply #1
A quick search shows that the Demco (at least the Car Kaddy SS model) is considered a bit more deluxe and has a folding tongue for storage.  There are many more brands out there and you’ll find a few on your local Craigslist.    If you look at other brands I’d advise to get a swivel plate version (both of these are) and to look at ease of loading/unloading.  Width can be important too but a Leaf is a small car so probably not an issue.  For brakes, I like the ease of use of surge brakes (which is what I have) and you don’t need to modify your Unity with a brake controller.  But if you get electric, you’ll need the controller installed. 
Gary
08 Libero CB
Delta, BC