"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Wonder FTB - Any other owners out there? (Read 7340 times) previous topic - next topic

Wonder FTB - Any other owners out there?

Hi fellow LTV owners.  My Wonder FTB is arriving in April 2019.  I have never RV'ed before but I retired last year and decided to do something completely new to me.  So I am doing lots of pre-planning so I can hit the ground running in the spring.

If there are other owners in this forum, I would appreciate some information.  What I would like to know are the dimensions of the wardrobe and each side of the under bed storage.  Just the length and width is fine (so basically the footprint).  I don't need the height of these spaces.

thanks so much!

Re: Wonder FTB - Any other owners out there?

Reply #1
Hello from Alberta
Also expecting a 2019 Wonder In April next year but ours will be a RTB

Reply #2
I am a 2018 Wonder FTB owner! Picked it up in August and love it. I stayed overnight a couple of times in it; but, driving it is so easy that I take it on day trips.

I’ll take the dimensions of wardrobe tomorrow. I put a shelving unit in there because I don’t really need to hang up clothes very often. I can get the dimensions under the beds too. Only thing that I can say is that a couple of things that I tried to fit under the beds are sometimes just an inch or two off and had to come up with Plan B. I mostly have linens stored under there right now.

Reply #3
We purchased a Wonder from Craig Smith RV in Ohio in August... Very happy with the dealer... picked us up at the airport, camped overnight in their lot. They let us use one of their cars to pick some stuff up that night and get some dinner. Following day went over many items, never felt rushed. So far we are loving the Wonder...
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #4
That’s awesome Charlie.

We purchased ours from Lake Region RV in Ramsey, MN (near Minneapolis). We had a very pleasant experience too. Orientation was excellent. We stayed overnight at a hotel just down the road – we are first time RVers and were not very brave at first!

The wardrobe is 22” wide and about 26” deep. I have a shelving/drawer unit from Target that fits perfectly inside.

Colleen – I can completely understand how excited you must be while waiting for your new RV. But, you might be better off waiting until you see the actual space underneath the beds especially before you purchase something.

The storage there is about 54” in length – the width was 20ish something. But there are the support bars on either end that could get in the way of putting anything solid underneath. I have a collapsible wagon that I was planning on putting in there and it was too wide by only a couple of inches.

Reply #5
Thanks Standards13.  I wanted the dimensions because I was purchasing packing cubes for an upcoming trip to Costa Rica so I thought I would pick packing cubes that would also work well in the Wonder.  I got a couple sets of Shacke Paks in 2 different colors.  One color for me and one for my husband so they can be easily identified.  That way we can just pack our clothes right in the packing cubes and throw them in the wardrobe or under the beds.  I did a test run of packing shirts in one, pants in another, etc.  I think they will work great in the RV.  I liked the Shacke Paks because they were deeper than some of the other packing cubes on the market.

Mountain Warehouse also has a great sale on micro towelling travel towels.  So I picked up a few of those since they take up much less room than a regular towel.

I've also made my own travel clothes line that doesn't require clothes pins.  I braided some elastic shock cord with a carabiner clip at each end.  Then you wrap each end of the line around a tree or clip it to something.  Then instead of using clothes pins, simply pull open the braid and secure the clothing in a couple places (example - each shoulder of a shirt).

As you can tell........super excited about my Wonder's arrival!!

Reply #6
Hi! I'm a new Wonder FTB Owner. Purchased in November and I'm taking my first real trip this weekend. Currently lounging and watching TV in the living area. I just love this RV!

Reply #7
Hi Dottie,
Nice to meet you! You are going to love taking a trip with your new Wonder. My husband and I are from Illinois and are planning on heading South in January with our 2 Standard Poodles (that’s where my name comes from).

Reply #8
Welcome to the group Dottie!

I plan to drive from Canada to warm climates in the US in the fall.  Then after exploring there for awhile, find somewhere to store my Wonder for a bit and take off to the Caribbean or South America for a few weeks in December or January.  Then return to my Wonder and make my way back to Canada as things warm up in the spring.

Reply #9
Can someone please give me the OCCC for the Wondere FTB?
Do you have a loaded actual weight for each corner or each axle?  I know everyone is different, just curious.
Thank you
Harry
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #10
I will answer, a 2019 Wonder FTB at dealer was 1768 lbs, with most options.  It will vary depending on options.
Harry
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #11
Wondering (no pun intended, LOL) what are the dimensions of the largest outside storage compartment?  I'm wanting to possibly put 2 folding ebikes in there if they'll fit.  Like the layout of the FTB better than the RTB, but want to take our bikes along always.

Reply #12
In the FTB the largest compartment is the TALL on drivers side.
I don’t think it is anywhere near large enough for one Ebike let alone two!
By memory, something like 24wx18dx40h, but the real problem is lifting up a 50 lb bike about 4’. 
Left lower compartment is something like 17x17x48”, again too small.
Those are the largest.
If you want inside storage, must be the RTB!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #14
Watch out for the weight, FTB hitch is max 300 lbs at the center position, where the ball would normally be located. Move that center further out it can change drastically!  And it will move out, I don’t think you can avoid it.
On LTV FB some one had posted a formula for a new location.  Maybe Komo has the formula.
With the added length, what 3’, how to you park in city parking spaces?
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #15
I am careful on the weight and understand not to overload and inspect the hitch regularly ... Yes longer but really has not been an issue on parking to date. Usually, I can find a spot where the back overhangs.
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #16
Hi, fellow Wonder Wanderers 😊
We just bought our 2020 Wonder FTB and will take possession early to mid-February. We are in Michigan and will be loading up our glamping gear into a U-Haul rental van, and traveling to the dealership we purchased from in Lakeland, FL., where we will pickup the Wonder.
A couple of questions for you with experience:
- what are the exact dimensions (L x W x Depth) of the storage space under the beds? 
- unless I misunderstood, I believe someone suggested it may be difficult to store anything other than soft items in the under-bed compartments due to the lifts on the side of each; do you find that to true, and if so, why do they hinder. I had hoped to store some small appliances (3qt Instant Pot, 4C food processor, small coffee grinder) in those compartments...?
- how do you like the pantry, and, with it not being a pull-out, how do you organize it for convenient access to your canned goods, etc.?
Thanks for any feedback! Much appreciated!
RMP#49

Reply #17
Congrats!
Don’t have the under bed dimensions handy but you can store lot of hard stuff, maybe 4’ x 18”.  The lift stuff is at the ends of the bed.  Mostly bedding goes there, but also couple cases of wine, a printer, etc.  I can measure for you tomorrow.  No problem storing your items.
No issues with the pantry, the top shelf is very deep, put occasional need items in back.  Will need a step stool.  I attached spice racks to the door.
Any more? .??  We are 10 month owners, 6000 miles and 5 months for our first trip!
Can tell you lot!!!

Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #18
Congrats on your purchase. We purchased ours a couple of years ago and have been very happy with the Ford Transit and the coach. Much room under both beds for storage and should you not have issues in what you said you would like to store there. The pantry works for us and as Harry mention the top shelf is deep. We added a rechargeable light for many of the inside cabinets. We will be traveling to Fla mid-Feburdary thru March hoping to find warm weather also.... One suggestion try not to pre-purchase a lot of accessories until you are in the coach a bit... Just my two cents :)

Happy Travels
Charlie
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #19
Under bed in FTB
12” high
18” deep
40” between bed bar supports
52” space length under bed. If you did not have those bars, you could place 18x 52” item under. It is clear under the bars.
There are additional spaces at each end of the bed but the lift mechanism is in those spaces, not very usable.

Any questions?  We are off to Quartzsite in am. 150 miles!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #20
Thanks, Harry and Charlie, for the helpful info! After submitting my post, I refreshed my memory with a LTV “Dean” video of the Wonder FTB. I then understood better what was meant by soft item storage placement vs hard item storage under the bed. And Harry, I appreciate your efforts getting the exact measurements. Looks like there will be a lot of nice storage space in those two compartments.

Harry, glad you mentioned the step stool for retrieving pantry items. We’ve got just the thing and will plan to bring it! Also, I like the idea of a spice rack inside on the doors. That sounds like the perfect spot for all those little containers. If you have a photo of what you did, I’d like to see it...?

After my experience stocking and organizing two totally different class B vans, I know what you mean, Charlie, about not buying accessories before living for a bit in a new van! Agreed! Good advice!

I’d like to tap into your experience regarding the beds: I’m planning to put twin fitted sheets on the beds, and aside from laundry day, leave them on all the time under the included bedspread. In the evening we’ll put the beds together and add a queen flat sheet and blanket. We’ll store the sheet and blanket under the bed during the day. That’s our plan...will it work? Will the queen sheet and blanket be the right size? If you and yours have a better plan, I’m listening. 🙂

Harry, I noticed you tow. We will be flat towing a 2018 Kia Soul with a Blue Ox system. We haven’t towed before. Was there a learning curve? We have had a lot of experience towing a boat with our car, so we figure we’re not totally green. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks, again,
RMP#49

Reply #21
Twin fitted on each bed, stay on during day with provided couch cover.  for top a queen duvet cover with a queen comforter inside.  No top sheet.  At night pillows and duvet store under beds with any other stuff.

Don’t know if spice rack picture will show up?

Towing no big deal, remember you can’t back up.  Get an auxiliary brake system. Get stop lights wired in.
Hope the Soul is stick shift, so you can tow 4 on the ground.  Auto is not.

Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #22
Harry, thanks for the tips on brakes and lights, and yes, she is a stick.

The spice rack pic came through great. How did you attach them, and where did you find them?

Reply #23
Container Store or IKEA, short screws, carefully, dot go thru.
If you are willing, used box brake systems, like Even Brake, Brake Buddy, etc  are out there maybe 1/3 the cost.  And tow bars also.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #24
I’ll pass the brake info on to my hubby. Thanks for all your helpful input!