"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Cookware (Read 2700 times) previous topic - next topic

Cookware

I am shopping for cookware to use in my new Wonder.  I purchased a portable induction cooktop so I need cookware that is compatible with gas and induction.  Any suggestions for a compact storing cookware set?  I found these sets from Magma.

Magma cookware

Re: Cookware

Reply #1
We mainly use the fry pan that came with the induction cooktop.  Plus wife has found one or 2 deeper pans for cooking.  We have cut back on the amount of pans needed.  7 pans from Magna seems like over kill.  Just test the bottom of any new pan before you
buy it with a magnet.  Cheap and easy.  We just picked up our Wonder FTB.  Still sorting it out.  Bob

Reply #2
We mainly use the fry pan that came with the induction cooktop.  Plus wife has found one or 2 deeper pans for cooking.  We have cut back on the amount of pans needed.  7 pans from Magna seems like over kill.  Just test the bottom of any new pan before you
buy it with a magnet.  Cheap and easy.  We just picked up our Wonder FTB.  Still sorting it out.  Bob

Thanks for the input.  I am definitely taking my instant pot with me in my Wonder.  There are so many easy and delicious one pot meals you can make with it.  I've had my instant pot for a couple years and use it about twice a week.  So if I have the instant pot with me, I certainly won't need many pots and pans.

Reply #3
We have the big insta pot at home still debating on whether we want to buy the small one for the camper.  Time will tell

Reply #4
I have the 6 quart and 3 quart instant pot in my kitchen.  I use both at once sometimes.  For example, ribs in one pot, rice in the other.  I am still not sure which size is going with me in the Wonder.  Probably the small one just because it will be easier to store.

Reply #5
I shopped around and got some inexpensive "induction friendly" pots. Small sauce pan, medium sauce pan, skillet...all I need. Also take my 3qt Instant Pot and got rid of my small crockpot and small rice cooker. Good tradeoff spacewise!