"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Bedding (Read 4211 times) previous topic - next topic

Bedding

Hi everyone!  I am looking for input about bedding.  I will be taking possession of a Wonder front twin bed soon.  What has been your experience with making the bed every evening and disassembling and storing the bedding every morning on models that require this task?  Has anyone found any cool products or have any ideas to make this chore as easy and quick as possible?

I found a couple products on the market.  Any experience with these?

Beddys

RVSuperbag

Re: Bedding

Reply #1
We have a Wonder FTB, and we used a mattress topper some sheets and the spread that came with it, so far it has been good. There is not much needed to do, to get ready for bed or takedown. We have looked at the RVSuper bag but not sure about the cost that we are gaining anything... So far we really like the Wonder and we are coming from a 38' class A coach.
Good luck with the Wonder!!!
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #2
First night in Wonder FTB, twin sheets over each mattress,  placed mattress together, one queen duvet cover over both,  was fine the first nite at 60s temps.
Will see how second nite works!

Second, third and fourth nites worked ok also.  But removing couch covers, moving the cushions from one side, then to the other, then lift up bed to remove duvet & pillows, all of that was a bit tedious.  Will rethink some of this.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #3
We have a Wonder FTB, and we used a mattress topper some sheets and the spread that came with it, so far it has been good. There is not much needed to do, to get ready for bed or takedown. We have looked at the RVSuper bag but not sure about the cost that we are gaining anything... So far we really like the Wonder and we are coming from a 38' class A coach.

Did you use 2 twin bed fitted sheets or a queen fitted sheet?

Reply #4
We used (2) twin long fitted sheets...
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #5
Colleen, please explain what you do to “not much needed”. Do you put mattress topper and sheet on top of the spread?
Thanks,
Harry
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #6
Colleen, please explain what you do to “not much needed”. Do you put mattress topper and sheet on top of the spread?
Thanks,
Harry

The comment, "not much needed" about making the bed was from from Charlie Gotta.  I quoted his post when asking my question.

Charlie Gotta - Can you clarify further your bed making process for Harry.

Reply #7
We added mattress pads, and twin long sheets.. The cover that came with the Wonder goes on top of that..We leave the beds made up..

Clear as mud? So far works for us.
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB

Reply #8
We added mattress pads, and twin long sheets.. The cover that came with the Wonder goes on top of that..We leave the beds made up..

Clear as mud? So far works for us.

Ahhh......... I get it.  You have an already made bed underneath the couch cover.  Very smart!

Reply #9
OK get that, then remove the couch covers, fold them up, then move cushion pillow to other bed, then lift bed up, remove pillows and blankets, lower bed, pull bed out, move one cushion pillow to edge of bed, then repeat some of it on other bed.
I guess simpler if you leave as twin beds.  Where do the cushion pillows go if twin beds?
Is this “not much needed”?
I want something simple!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #10
I ordered the Wonder ftb custom made twin mattress pads and fitted sheets from Aurora Linens.  Very well made products!  I keep the mattress pad and fitted sheets on the beds with the couch cover over top (great tip!).  Bedtime is easy then because we just take off the couch covers, pull the beds together, and toss a queen flat sheet and coverlet on the bed.

Reply #11

Charlie,

What is the thickness of the mattress pads you added?  Do you find the additional height added to the couch affects where the coach back comes up to the window along the wall?  There's not much room between the top of the couch back and the window open/close knobs.

Reply #12
On ours the cushions just touch the knobs, but then how often are you opening the windows? And we don’t bother using the snaps.
1 1/2” memory foam.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #13
On ours the cushions just touch the knobs, but then how often are you opening the windows? And we don’t bother using the snaps.
1 1/2” memory foam.

Ya.....we don't bother with the snaps either.  After a few trips, we are developing some methods for making and unmaking the bed that make things go faster.  At first, we were taking the coach covers right off.  But now, we leave it snapped at the back except for the snap closest to the cab.  We pull out the bed and stow the couch back in the space between the bed and the wall.  Then I fold the couch cover end closest to the cab over itself a couple of feet, then I fold the front edge of the cover over about a third, then just flip the cover over so it sits on top of the couch backs.  Then just reverse the process to make the bed.  Also I found an awesome car organizer tote on Amazon that fits perfectly in the space that's left at the head of the bed between the bed and the wall right underneath the USB ports.  I got two of them and they work as our nightstands for charging our phones, cup of coffee, bottle of water, books, medications......basically all the stuff you might keep in your nightstand.  During the day, the two organizers fit perfectly between the cab seats. 

Reply #14
Hi Colleen,

Can you share the Amazon link? Like to see what they look like.

Thanks
Charlie
Middle Haddam, CT
2019 Wonder FTB