"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Cooking without range hood (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

Cooking without range hood

We just picked up our new 2019 Wonder MB at the beginning of this month. We’ve already taken a 1 week trip and we’re loving the new rig. We moved up from a Scamp 5th wheel that had a range hood we used when cooking. Has anyone had any issues cooking without a range hood? We do run the ceiling fan but I’m concerned about possible future issues. I noticed they have a stainless angle attached to the upper cabinet above the range top. Any advice other than cooking outside would be greatly appreciated. We averaged 17.5 mi/gal. On the 1,600 mile trip!

Thanks in advance
Bob
Thanks in advance!
Robert

Re: Cooking without range hood

Reply #1
No issues in any rv without range hood.  If you do a lot of stir fry and such might be.
Just keep the ceiling fan on.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
I too would have preferred a real "range hood". In lieu of....keep the ceiling fan on and crack the windows in the galley to promote airflow away from the cooktop and out the vent. Any cooking that involves a lot of smoke and fumes I'd do outdoors...even with a range hood.

Reply #3
Just a safety note for any newbies.  Odors and steam are inconveniences  (though steam can arguably cause long term issues in any RV).  But a more important consideration for your health, is that you are cooking with an open flame in an enclosed vehicle.  Ventilation is critical to avoid Carbon Monoxide  buildup.  It is always recommended to have the ceiling fan on (and the window cracked a bit to draw fresh air in)

Gary
Gary
08 Libero CB
Delta, BC

Reply #4
I have Heng range hoods. Range hood performs well when taken care of properly. And while maintenance is mostly about cleanliness and optimum performance, cleaning will be easy because of its furnished louvers. The feature does not allow oil and dirt to stick.

Reply #5
I looked at the Heng range hoods and they look like they would work. Do you have yours vented outside or just a charcoal filter? If not vented outside i wonder how hard it would be to vent outside?  For less than $100 it seems like a nice option.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube