"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Bauer dead bolt door lock (Read 1529 times) previous topic - next topic

Bauer dead bolt door lock

We love most every feature on our Unity MB.  We taken our rig out on a few trips and no one has broken into it. Each time we close the side door and latch the Bauer dead bolt door lock I always pull on the door handle to make sure the deadbolt is engaged.  To my dismay the door still opens just a bit, maybe a 1/16th of an inch, but this leaves me with the sense the lock and our Unity is less than totally secure.

Can anyone offer a more secure door lock solution to the Bauer dead bolt door lock for the back side door? Is there a more secure lock replacement for the Bauer.  Our old Class C had a lock that felt much more secure.

Thanks, Kenneth

Re: Bauer dead bolt door lock

Reply #1
Our experience is that the door is securely locked even though it will open a tiny bit when locked. If you have a keypad, make sure the door is totally closed before you press the lock buttons, or it will not lock properly. It will also not unlock properly using the keypad if the door is not totally closed.

Re: Bauer dead bolt door lock

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, James and your suggestion.  I have not used the keypad yet. Will keep your comments in mind.

Kibbles