"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Formaldehyde issues with newer LTV models? (Read 1689 times) previous topic - next topic

Formaldehyde issues with newer LTV models?

Hubby & I are ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 LTV Unity RL purchase (first RV ever!).  I have a "challenged" respiratory system.  I also will occasionally take my 2 parrots (birds have inherently delicate respiratory systems -- "canary in a coal mine").  Does anyone have information to offer about formaldehyde off-gassing issues in newer model LTVs?  [I wrote to the help site on LTV and they couldn't give me any specifics.]

Re: Formaldehyde issues with newer LTV models?

Reply #1
LTV should be the one with the answers!
In 4 months we have not detected any funny odors, but are not canaries!
I would keep after them, if no response post again.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Thanks, Harrysalit!  For some reason, I can't get the "like" button to work.

Reply #3
Does LTV use any formaldehyde or off gassing type products that could affect a respiratory challenged person?
I posted this on Facebook, some replies from owners,.

They “wiped down” our unit with a “highly” fragrant cleaner.  After that evaporated i did not notice any other odors.
I don't actually know the answer to that question...you would probably want to call the factory.  But I'm pretty sensitive to those kinds of things and when I purchased my 2017, I didn't have any issues.
Chances are unless they our touting ‘non-toxic’ materials the answer is yes
I have similar issues. I purchased a used Serenity because it appeared to have the most wood construction at the time. I also wanted one that had out gassed before I got it. Worked for me. No problems
A concern for us as well.  When our '18 UCB is just hanging out in the driveway we open all the windows about half inch and both ceiling fans the same.  No problem.
My husband and I both have asthma and are sensitive to any off gassing.  We bought a Unity FX.  No problem ever.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit