"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: TPMS TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM (Read 4744 times) previous topic - next topic

TPMS TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM

Taking delivery of a 2021 IB and would appreciate any recommendations and/or comments re a TPMS system.

Re: TPMS TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM

Reply #1
I use Tire Tracker, have for about 10 years, move them from various rvs.  Never a problem, self replace batteries every 2 years or so.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #2
We've had PressurePro system on our fifth wheel and truck for 13 years and now on our Serenity. We have been pleased with the product and the customer support. link:  Tire Pressure Monitor - TPMS Sales

Reply #3
Taking delivery of a 2021 IB and would appreciate any recommendations and/or comments re a TPMS system.
Doesn't the IB have a built in TPMS System already?  Just took delivery of a 2021 LTV Wonder RL & it has the TPMS.
2021 LTV Wonder Rear Lounge - White Suede

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed (Sold)

Reply #4
Thanks for your reply. I checked with Dean at LTV and he replied “Sorry Mercedes Benz does not offer TMPS on the Sprinter cut away chassis”.

Reply #5
I use the Tireminder system.  Got my Wonder used and that is what they had on it.  They had the system that connected with your phone.  HATED IT.  it kept loosing connection between phone and bluetooth receiver even when 3 inches apart.  Notification tone was same as low pressure.  Had to fumble with phone to see what the issue was.  Contacted Tireminder to see if I could swap the phone connection receiver for the stubby antenna receiver with display.  It was about a $75 upgrade.  Couldn't be happier!

TireMinder TM-77 Tire Pressure Monitoring System

BTW, I think I read somewhere that their color displays are hard to read.  If you'd rather have that version I would read a lot of reviews.

Reply #6
A lot of reviews seem to favor the TST 507 system. Anyone using that system??

Reply #7
I used that system on my Empress Elite and then moved it to my 32 foot Commander. I just bought a Wonder RTB (downsizing) and it has a built in tire monitor (Ford). I have a spare color monitor for the TST 507 system $50.00. I bought it to replace the black and white as it was easier to see.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB

Reply #8
First time posting, have a 2021 Wonder RL with dually's.
What type of air compressor and chuck are people using?The chuck needs to go straight in for the inner valve and pull back for the outer wheel valve.
I don't want one that accesses the chassis battery - prefer AC or DC compressor.Tires require 55 lbs.

Reply #9
First,  I think your tires need more then 55 psi,  what does your door sticker say?
Many people use Viair 400p, with the straight dual foot fill connection.
I use the less expensive 88p with a adaptor for the dual foot.
All of their compressors attach to the battery, cigarette lighter is not high enough amperage.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #10
The people at Viair told me the 300 has plenty of power for my Unity. The 400 has some advantages but it is also more expensive.

Reply #11
Viair web site the 88p is designed for 16”, which is what we have.  Can buy for around $70!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #12
My 2020Ford transit, RL 2021 Leisure Wonder, asks for 55lbs. rear, 70 front. The problem with a twist on chuck end (vair88p) , is that ones fingers can not access the inner dually. Also, the outer tire would require  quite a bend in the hose to twist onto the tire  valve,  since it is facing in. But, if I did get the 400, would you recommend attaching the cables to the house batteries or the chassis? As yet, I have not learned how to get at the batteries under the driver’s seat.

Reply #13
To use the Viair 88p I got a tank valve adaptor that screws on to the dual foot tire check.  Works on all tires.tires.
Here is a picture, on right is the dual foot chuck.  Google it, you want a long straight, not angled.

Under the hood you have battery connecting point, don’t have to go under the seat!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #14
Harry - from whom did you order that adapter?  That is the simplest solution to the problem that I've seen.    Thanks!

Reply #15
I picked it up from one of those parts houses that makes hoses to order.
It is used for air tanks to fill or release air, called a Tank Valve adaptor, male 1/4”
Would not be surprised if  Amazon has it. 

Edit, yes Amazon has them, but not cheap!  I paid $2.48!
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #16
Thanks Harry,      Using your tip, I found them at NAPA, who also makes hoses around here.  $2.99 - far better than Amazon!

Thanks again!

Reply #17
We have a 2019 Unity MB.  we have usd the 507 TST system since May Approx 5000 Mi.  Worked like a charm without the included repeater.  No need to change batteries yet.

Reply #18
My batteries last about 2 years on my Tire Tracker TPMS,  Never a repeater.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #19
My experience. I have 2019 unity FX with TST system.  Do not install stem mounted TMS without upgrading to Borg stems and extensions.  The factory ones will loosen and leak.  It will not take long.  Since installing the Borgs, zero problems and first battery change was 2 years.
Duallyvalve Kits for Class B or C - Sprinter Trucks