"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Battery replacement for 2015 Free Spirit SS (Read 2574 times) previous topic - next topic

Battery replacement for 2015 Free Spirit SS

I need to replace the two coach 6v-batteries located inside the back door. I want to make sure I replace them with something compatible with the inverter. Any recommendations would be terrific! Thank you.

Re: Battery replacement for 2015 Free Spirit SS

Reply #1
Lithium batteries if you boom dock some and a Victron 2000 inverter with 400 amps solar to charge the batteries. 600 amps if you have room.
Todd W
"LTVnIT" on YouTube

Reply #2
This is a class B rv, space and weight is is short!
If you switch to Lithiums, then inverter has to have a lithium setting, otherwise any flooded or AGM battery should work.

If you want to upgrade, I have a Magnum 1000watt inverter available, that I removed from my 2019 Wonder (replaced with a 3000w).  Nothing wrong with it other then it does not have a Lithium setting, Magnum was working on a fix.
Harry
Tempe, Az
2019 Wonder FTB
Toad 2007 Honda Fit

Reply #3
hi
if it is not too late.  I started by figuring out how much energy I was using to see if an upgrade in battery Amp-hour was needed.  I installed a Victron Shunt 500A which use Bluetooth and an app to tell you want you are using.
the 6V GC2 batteries at 230 Amp/h will last longer if you use less then 50% of the rating otherwise they do not last more than a few years.  It turns out that we only use about 50 Amp/hr overnight and with 200W Solar and an energy plan that has the batteries of all the devices charging while driving we replaced ours with the same GC2 batteries which allows us to easily dry camp for a couple of nights but we monitor real close what we use.  We camp mostly where we can get 30A shore power so the few inconveniences are not a burden.  We also have a generator which have not needed to run after we installed the shunt and figure out where the power was coming from.
I have a friend that upgraded to Li-Po 100 amp/h batteries. It was a tight fit and it required a lot more then just getting new batteries.